“We Push the Boundaries of Possibilities for our Communities.”
Overview of the Position Responsibilities: The Accounting Manager will lead Bluepeak's internal accounting team and manage outside consultants with a high degree of professionalism and integrity. Maintain financial controls and compliance with internal and external guidelines. Collaborate with internal teams to ensure Accounting is aware of activity and providing guidance. If this sounds exciting, please read on.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the accounting team, including GL, AP and AR. Responsible for ensuring the appropriate segregation of duties and financial controls are maintained.
- Lead the team in preparing requests for the annual audit, quarterly reporting and monthly financials
- Lead the monthly accounting function, including driving the monthly close checklist, maintaining and accelerating the close calendar
- Approval of all monthly journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Lead the preparation of the monthly P&L and balance sheet flux analysis.
- Proactively research of any aged items of risk on the balance sheet.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow
- Review all financial data and performance measurements prior to distribution to investors and senior leadership. Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and proper disclosure
- Identify opportunities to streamline financial operations
- Ensure consistent and appropriate application of tax and accounting practices
- Master's degree and/or CPA required
- Requires 10+ years of relevant experience in a mid to senior level accounting position. Tenure with private equity/telecom experience is preferred
- Specific experience with fixed assets desired
- Must have experience directly supervising a team
- Experience with Great Plains software
- Advanced Excel and data entry skills required. Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook a must
- Public accounting background preferred
- Upon job offer, must be able to pass a background check and drug test prior to employment
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Understanding of a proper controls environment and addressing risk at various stages of growth
- Comfortable with identifying and implementing accounting processes and control needs
- Experience acting as liaison between internal team and external accounting firms
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret correspondence, business reports, and relatively complex legal documents
- Ability to lead a team of professionals, including strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized, effective time management, and a demonstrated ability to identify problems and timely implement solutions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership and investors
- Have a bias-for-action and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done, including helping and contributing to the team
- High degree of professionalism
- Commitment to quality and a constant desire for improvement
- Competitive Compensation + Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive Benefits Package, Including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k)
- Generous Vacation and Paid Sick Time + Paid Holidays and Personal Days
- Professional Development With an Emphasis on Internal Promotion
- Employee Discounts on Bluepeak Services, Including Internet
- Progressive and inclusive work culture in which our team has the flexibility, support, and resources to be successful in their careers!
Colorado Residents Only: The pay for this position has a salary range of $82,752.86 to $136,542.22. Certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
We believe that the size of the city shouldn’t determine the quality of the technology. That’s why we are building for you: Faster, more reliable, and without the things that get in the way of great service—like red tape, hidden fees, and slow response times. And with up to 5 gigabits of speed for residential customers and 10 gigabits for businesses, we are whole new ballgame- from internet to TV, to connecting every device in your home, to powering your business, we’re not only providing the best fiber connections in your community, but we’re also meeting the growing needs for how you live.