Facility: AURORA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Base: 16.46
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position performs secretarial, administrative and clerical duties to assist and relieve line staff and Facility Director of clerical details. Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require a general knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May perform all duties of Administrative Assistant I.
- Updates and submits monthly billing ensuring accurate timely submittal in accordance with contractual requirements. Updates and maintains current billing files.
- Prepares financial transactions which include receiving and disbursing funds, posting ledgers and balancing system. Balances fund weekly to ensure that funds are being appropriately handled.
- Controls and distributes indigent stamps to those residents who qualify so that program is not abused.
- Posts in own handwriting and audit inmate time on time cards from weekly time sheets from supervisors. Completes time cards for all paroling inmates, transferring inmates to higher custody and transferring for medical purposes so that inmate pay is calculated in a timely manner.
- Posts in own handwriting inmate pay to inmate ledger cards. Manually writes all checks to close out trust fund for parolees and transferring inmates. Enters inmate pay in computer by typing on the keyboard, obtain approvals, and send to appropriate departments so that inmate records are accurate, current and in compliance with the contract.
- Updates inmate roster on computer, documenting all inmate movement, new arrivals placements, and departures so that an accurate accounting of inmates is maintained and contract requirements are met.
- Collects and mails all client signature sheets and probation reports verifying that each sheet and report is accurate and submitted in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Submits reports to the State for verification and send to the corporate office within time limits established so that reimbursement can be made in a timely manner.
- Complies with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and respond positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adheres to attendance policy; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Complies with safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- May prepare correspondence and perform other clerical duties as assigned to insure the office runs smoothly.
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding residents, employees, vendors, outside agencies, etc., so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Participates in staff meeting by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team. Records the minutes, type them, and distribute to appropriate persons.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.