Under direct supervision, utilizes clinical appointment system; processes clinic providers' schedules and monthly appointment calendars to maintain plan member accesses to clinicians; reviews, updates, and generates clinic appointment to improve clinic utilization, both on routine and urgent basis; assists with data entry of patient encounters; distributes computer printouts and reports daily.
* Operates computer and accurately enters clinical information.
* Enters and maintains provider master appointment schedules for clinical departments as assigned; revises related support documents as necessary; generates appointments for providers in accordance with standard procedures as established by clinic nursing department.
* Receives, reviews verifies, and completes clinical providers' monthly calendars, daily schedules and requests for schedule modification; responds to both routine and urgent requests in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion.
* Assists clinical staff with scheduling of providers; provides one-to-one instruction to providers with proper scheduling techniques, document utilization and application of appointments.
* Performs detailed review of all outgoing appointment schedules; distributes to designated clinical departments in timely and appropriate manner.
* Assists appointments/receptionists with data entry of patient encounter information as required.
* Advises Supervisor or designate of daily productivity, appointment system operational issues that are likely to affect clinic utilization and member access.
* Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines, printers, and photocopies.
* Participates in service excellence training and demonstrates service excellence attributes.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
* Minimum two (2) years of clerical functions together with at least one (1) year experience with actual hands-on operation of regional appointment system experience. Additional Requirements:
* Excellent customer service skills required.
* Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities and the ability to understand customer needs.
* Ability to work effectively with providers, patients, support staff and other personnel to coordinate radiology schedules, which requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to initiate referral forms in conjunction with the business office.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178