Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Confirming a large volume of vendor shipment invoices to bill customers
- Processing vendor acknowledgements for Purchase Orders placed to ensure all information is accurate, following written process control
- Expediting Purchase Orders per documented process and of request of Customer Service Reps.
- Following up on special acknowledgments and red PO’s.
- Communicating invoice and acknowledgment discrepancy issues with the buyer of the PO
- Operating telephone equipment and referring incoming calls to appropriate personnel
- Taking and relaying messages; screening calls for the Regional V.P.
- Receiving visitors and providing information over the telephone, as approved by supervisor
- Performing other general office and clerical duties: daily filing of customer orders, typing, faxing, preparing invoices, stuffing envelopes, photocopying, etc.
- Opening and dispersing of incoming mail
The Administrative Assistant should have the following skills and meet the following requirements:
- Positive attitude, good cheer, proactive, and ability to put ‘team’ first
- Outgoing, enjoys interacting with people
- Comfortable with Excel, Word – prior experience with P21 ERP desired, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and desire to take on additional responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn, pitch in and grow with the company
Pay Range: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00/Annually (DOE)
Physical Demand: Standing, sitting, kneeling and bending for filing and additional administrative tasks
Working Conditions: Office environment
Shift Time/Overtime: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Education: High School Diploma
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
Today, DXP is a publicly traded professional distribution management company that provides products and services to a variety of industries through its Innovative Pumping Solutions (IPS), Supply Chain Services and MROP Products and Services.
DXP continues to stay on the leading edge of technology, training and products while attracting and retaining the best employees. Our corporate strategy is simply to be the best solution for the industrial customer.