About Woz U:
Today, more than ever, technology has emerged as a critical field that needs a diverse talent of technologists who understand how to build experiential products and make them scalable beyond boundaries. Woz U has a mission to create curriculum for schools to provide access to the technology training needed to fulfill the needs of the evolving workforce while learning proven skills to become a Day 1 contributor within an organization.
We are passionate about inspiring the next generation of innovators and developing a diverse technology workforce of the future.
We are seeking highly motivated and energized people to join our team as Admissions Counselor. This position is a complete remote opportunity.
Are you a good fit?
- You are passionate about technology and education
- You believe in the power of diversity, which translates to more women and minorities in technology roles
- You embrace change and you are always excited to learn something new
- You are articulate and confident in your communication
- You enjoy being a change-agent in someone's life, with a core belief that education can be transformative
- You believe that goals are set to be exceeded
As an Admissions Counselor, you will:
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goal
- Explore opportunities with prospects to stand out in the tech community and to promote the diversity of thought and teams to align to better, more inclusive technology goals within organizations
- Interview prospective students seeking acceptance into one of the programs offered by our partner institutions; set-up appointments for and conduct interviews with all prospects
- Seek information to understand situations, needs, and desired potential benefits; develop approaches that best position products and services; leverage supportive factors, overcome or minimize barriers, and address the unique needs of prospective students
- Counsel prospective student about eligibility requirements, training and educational opportunities, rules, regulations, and responsibilities of students, etc.
- Consistently conduct follow-up with all applicants to ensure successful program integration
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities outside the standard work week and/or office setting
- Responsible for recruiting qualified applicants in accordance with state and federal accreditation and Institute policies and regulations
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards
Do you have the right background?
- At least 6 months of related experience (In/Out Bound, Account Management, Tech Recruitment) preferred
- Some knowledge of the Tech Industry
- A drive for results and a strong desire to improve people's lives through education
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and influence decision making
- Articulate in both verbal and written conversation
- Able to learn technical concepts and explain them to non-technical audience
- Natural instinct to pick up the phone and tackle conversations immediately
In partnership with Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer, Woz U specializes in transforming technology and career-based education to help get people into the workforce more quickly and affordably. Stemming from his passion to inspire the next generation of innovators Woz U's mission is to deliver personalized technology-based learning to energize a new generation. We are committed to bring the best personal development experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through our innovative curriculum, delivery platform and personalized training offerings.