COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security. To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you! The Advanced Technology Center (ATC) is the research lab for Lockheed Martin Space. Through our own skills and those of our partners-including universities and research labs around the world-we're able to put vision in motion. While we are a part of LM's space division, our technologies are far-reaching across domains. ATC's story is written in the success of missions here on Earth and far, far into space. Our innovation extends beyond incremental change. We strive for first-of-a-kind capability with enduring impact. Whatever the application, our charter is to create game-changing technologies. At the ATC, we're inspiring change in our endless pursuit of what's next. We are looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Research and Development Manager who will lead and participate as part of a team dedicated to developing and inserting cutting edge technology into current and future LM Space advanced materials programs. You must have an enterprising spirit and the ability to forge enduring relationships with internal and external customers, and to shape and capture new business while balancing management and technical responsibilities. You will be responsible for the successful planning and execution of a portfolio of research, tech insertion and program support, while leading 8-12 experienced professional technologists, engineers, and scientists. This "leader with vision" position will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of projects to include both internally and externally funded R&D. We will look to you to reach across industry and academia to build relationships and discover new technologies. You will be expected to represent Lockheed Martin Space and the ATC at industry conferences and symposia and to build relationships with DoD, NASA, and other government R&D funding centers. In addition, you will build an active, externally funded research and development portfolio in Advanced Manufacturing. We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively, developing concise and professional technical presentation materials for peers, management, and customers. You should have demonstrated interpersonal and written communication skills. To execute successfully, you will also work with cross-functional teams that span geographies and reporting structures. As a result of this geographic diversity, travel to domestic locations is expected. It is expected that you will balance functional management tasks, i.e. department and personnel management, while completing direct technical work including technology development & transition, and program management including new business development. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Basic Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience in advanced manufacturing technologies for spacecraft, aircraft, missiles, rockets and/or ground-based systems for aerospace applications.
• Demonstrated experience with the state of the art in additive manufacturing for metals for aerospace applications
• Documented record of advanced manufacturing R&D projects
• Demonstrated experience as a senior scientist in additive manufacturing for aerospace
• Recognized as a subject matter expert in advanced manufacturing through patents, participation in professional societies, serving on professional committees, and/or publication
• Demonstrated ability to lead a broad-based technical group
• Experience in leading and managing IRAD and CRAD programs
• Experience developing and leading cross-BA projects and relationships
• Demonstrated ability to transition technology into systems and products
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to lead proposal, capture management and/or new business development
• US Citizenship with current Final Secret clearance and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
• Advanced degree with a focus in Additive Manufacturing, Metallurgy, or Advanced Manufacturing Processes
• Experience in ICME and digital manufacturing
• Leadership in the application of new technologies into legacy systems
• Experience developing flight-qualified and space-qualified hardware, materials or processes
• Experience in the analysis, design, and development of materials and processes
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, scientists, engineers, program management and leadership to foster a collaborative research environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage scientific and engineering personnel including work assignments, performance evaluations and promotions
• Established relationships with various government and non-government space research and development organizations
• Established relationships with Air Force, Navy, MDA, NASA and other government manufacturing R&D centers
• Experience with data analytics and/or machine learning as applied to AM processes
• Knowledge of aerospace product lifecycles
job.Qualifications Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.