Join a Global Leader in Aviation Security!
Get your Aviation Security career started with ACTS!
Free Denver Regional Transportation (RTD) pass – ACTS guards travel for free on Denver public transportation
ACTS Airport Services seeks applicants for full-timeAirport Security Guards at the Denver International Airport. ACTS offers a range of benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; paid vacation, holidays and 401(k) plans with company match.
ACTS Airport Services, a subsidiary of ACTS-Aviation Security, is a part of ICTS Europe, a global aviation security solutions organization with over 16,000 aviation security professionals operating in 23 countries. ACTS specializes in the provision of aviation security and customer experience solutions and is one of the leading providers of aviation security and customer experience services in the United States.
Salary Range: $20.00
Ensure the safety of the public travelers, visitors, and employees at Denver International Airport according to TSA and Airport regulation. Adheres to and promotes ACTS-Airport Services commitment to quality of service, compliance with customer specifications and government agency regulations and focus on safety in the work environment described in ACTS-Airport Service’s General Operating Policy 0.1 and all policies referred to within.
Airport Security Guards may be asked to perform many essential functions at the airport where they work, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Control access to restricted areas of airport, only allowing access to authorized individuals
- Screen and log persons and/or vehicles accessing restricted areas
- Monitor and secure exit lanes from sterile area to public area of airport
- Patrol public areas of the terminal and respond to security breaches
- Patrol parking garages
- Monitoring and controlling curbside traffic
- Respond to incidents and emergencies
- Provide passenger assistance
- Prepare Incident/Occurrence Reports for any incident or event that directly involves customer complaints/concerns, safety/security or operational issues/events;
- Officers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their airports.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Aviation Security Officers.
- Be aware of and familiar with the airport-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid State of Colorado driver's license or State issued ID
- At least two (2) years verifiable previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience – Preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration;
- Must be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check as required by the Transportation Security Administration and Denver International Airport
- Must have a valid Denver Guard License
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance to ensure avoidance of unpredictable, frequent and/or ongoing tardiness.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position thus must be physically capable of standing or walking an entire shift, able to lift a 25lb fire extinguisher
- Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Security Mindset – take pride in keeping the skies safe and the flights secure
- Trust - keeping promises and speaking the truth.
- Customer Focused - the willingness to listen and the duty to act – promptly and appropriately.
- Team Spirit - integrity, experience, collaboration and open communication.
- Innovation – creativity, seeking new ideas, continuous improvement though anticipating change and adapting to it.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.70 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shifts
- Weekend availability
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at ACTS are expected to live our Values of Trust, Teamwork, Professionalism and H.E.A.R.T. to ensure that ACTS delivers on its Mission to be the most trusted security partner.
To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
Trust - Earning and retaining that trust means demonstrating to allstakeholders, through actions and behaviors, that ACTS team members have the capability and character to be trusted personally and professionally, as individuals and as an organization.
Teamwork - We judge ourselves on the success of all ACTS, the performance of our operational or functional teams and our shared success with customers.
Professionalism - Every ACTS employee is a security professional, expected to show a commitment to professionalism in our field, continue to learn and develop and recognize the skills and experiences of others.
H.E.A.R.T. – Demonstrate that ACTS is a service provider that succeeds entirely on the strength of its people, their relationships, respectful communications and how effectively we work together and with others.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)