The Area HR Director position will over 3 properties, Hilton Garden Inn Cherry Creek, Courtyard Cherry Creek and the Residence Inn Cherry Creek.
The purpose of the AREA HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER is to oversee the functional HR processes and procedures for multiple locations within a specific area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- -Responsible for HRIS input for multiple locations.
-Responsible for file maintenance and legal HR compliance for multiple locations.
-Manage or facilitate all recruitment, interviewing and hiring of qualified applicants for all hotel open positions.
-Build pipeline of future talent through multiple networks, including colleges, high schools and local job centers.
-Address employee relations issues and communicate with corporate human resources as necessary.
-Ensure I-9's are completed and accurate and stored / destroyed according to federal regulation.
-Ensure compliance with human resources SOPs.
-Partner with multiple hotel General Managers to understand HR needs and develop long term solutions.
-Establish, plan, coordinate all associate incentive programs and events.
-Completes new hire paperwork process with all new hires and conducts Stonebridge Companies Orientation.
-Ensures timely compliance with all brand education requirements for all new and existing associates working with trainers at each hotel.
-Administration of all worker's compensation, work related injury, and safety programs.
-Communicate, educate, and administer associate benefit programs (Health Insurance, 401K).
-Administration of unemployment cases and unemployment hearings.
-Accountable to multiple General Managers.
-Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- -Associate follows corporate and hotel brand standards.
-Willing to take an unpopular stand if necessary when complying with policies.
-Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- -Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
- -Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
-Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- -Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
-Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- -Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- -Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
-Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- -Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
-Manages assignments and responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed.
-Strives to increase productivity.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- -Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
-Develops alternative solutions.
-Works well in group problem solving situations.
-Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- -Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
-Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- -Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
-Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- -Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- -Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.