Position Title: Armed Security Guard, Full-Time
Location: Lakewood, CO
Rate per Hour: $23.00 per hour
Denver Metro Security is looking for professional armed security guards for full-time locations in the Denver metro area and surrounding communities. Starting pay is $23/hour without any conditions attached. We offer free training to become certified as an armed guard in Denver (even if you don’t have experience) if you complete 6 months of full-time employment with us after the training! Shifts are primarily nights and weekends, with some dayshifts. Preference will be given to those with previous experience in armed security, the military or law enforcement.
Armed Security Guard Responsibilities:
- Be a visible presence and deterrence, observe and report criminal activity.
- Enter daily activity in our reporting App.
- Be a professional representative of the company.
Armed Security Guard Benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision (plus others) after 2 months of full-time employment.
- Well maintained and fully equipped emergency vehicles.
- Specialized training available for our guards.
Armed Security Guard position requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Our hiring process includes a background check and a drug screen.
- Possess effective written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from all backgrounds and abilities in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to handle crisis situations calmly and efficiently.
- Reliable transportation to get to job sites across the Denver metro area.
- Ability to work in various environments such as inclement weather, occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds, climb stairs, ramps, or ladders as necessary, stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time.
- Armed security guard experience is preferred, but we’ll train the right person.
Our management team has extensive security experience and are available 24/7 to resolve any issues.