Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
The Asset Management Operations Support Network (AM OSN) Manager leads the analytical resources and technical experts of the central organization to ensure that the critical issues are identified, prioritized and effectively resolved to drive value across the business. The function will collaborate with strategic AM planning with regards to equipment design or strategies. The OSN will provide SME and engineering support for global programs, such as Full Potential, defect elimination, electrical integrity, structural integrity and root cause analysis.
This is a leadership role that draws on expertise as a people manager, strategic thinker, project manager, communicator, technical subject matter expert, and data driven problem solver. Key outcomes include:
- Providing strategic direction for the AM OSN to drive insights into equipment reliability, risk mitigation, operate for reliability, and loss prevention initiatives
- Establishing global focused Asset Management technical trends and thought leadership both internally and externally
- Driving innovative solutions and promote rapid replication of proven technologies
- Creating and communicating AM best practices and technical vision across Newmont portfolio
Safety and Health
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health
- Actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives
Analysis & Insights
- Lead and develop a high performing team of asset health analysts, responsible for providing detailed equipment analytics and monitoring, raising work notifications complete with troubleshooting guidance, coaching sites to ensure work management process are adhered to and intervene to drive performance where necessary
- Maintain a relevant suite of dashboards to measure, analyze and determine actionable insights which enable systematic improvements in AM processes and asset performance, aligned with global productivity metrics
- Responsible for identifying new technology to drive insights and ensuring the connectivity and reliability of existing systems
- Collaborate with the data strategy team, global IT and other OSN managers to ensure consistency in data capture, management and analysis across all functions
- Provide insights to centralized asset planning and site stakeholders to review performance outputs with recommendations on areas of continuous improvement and drive executable actions/insights
- Responsible for developing and circulating weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports
- Lead and develop a high performing team of reliability engineers, responsible for the development and optimization of asset strategies through the use of industry best practice methodologies
- Collaborate with strategy planning on whole of life cycle asset strategy development and management of global assets across the Newmont portfolio
- Provide strategic direction in identifying and prioritizing top issues through data and technical expertise, and foster a proactive reliability culture across sites
- Ensure equipment Life Cycle Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership estimates are up to date, standardized, and being effectively used to support site based decision-making (i.e., Justify, Design, Procure, Operate, Maintain, and Dispose)
- Collaborate with strategic AM Planning to determine asset criticality and assign appropriate priority levels
Lead Global Programs
- Provide direction and oversight to global programs such as Defect Elimination, DROM, Asset Integrity and Operate for Reliability programs and facilitate integration into site or centralized workflows to drive site based performance improvement
- Oversee implementation of (VPP sponsored) global Rapid Replication programs for global adherence to best practice
- Support alignment of value tracking methodologies through global Full Potential program, and implement with site teams
- Provide direction to Maintenance Engineering Lead to ensure sites are adequately supported by engineers
- Manage Asset Integrity Specialists and Maintenance Engineering leads to ensure adequate controls and countermeasures are considered for identified asset-related site-based risks
- Implement global talent management strategy and pipeline
- Facilitate a high performing virtual work environment across multiple globally dispersed locations.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- ERP system experience desirable
- Strong understanding of reliability principles and data driven insights
- Significant demonstrated experience in heavy industry, with both asset management and operations experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high performing team and implementing value driven improvements
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems.
- Experience with change, communication and knowledge management methodologies
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and best practices across multiple sites
- Experience developing and delivering analytical tools and processes that improve Asset Management performance, reliability and safety, reducing operating costs and maximizing return on assets
- Demonstrated experience with leading a high performing, multi-disciplined, diverse team
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization
- An ability to create trust based relationships that provide clear channels of communication between site and centralized teams to enable monitoring, coaching and intervention to drive performance
- Demonstrated ability in workforce development through coaching, mentoring, challenging employees to grow within their roles
- An ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to create data-driven business decisions
- An ability to lead global teams and managing people/tasks both in-person and virtually
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the frequent out of normal office hours requirements of leading a global team and project
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders across Newmont including within operations, supply chain, and external partners
- Position may be office based or hybrid (office & remote work)
- Position may be required to travel domestically and internationally
- Flexible hours required to accommodate global nature of work
The salary range offered for this role is $175,760 - $230,685. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance. This role also will be eligible for participation in a discretionary long-term incentive program, pursuant to which an employee may receive awards based on their level and individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.