About the role
Assistant Managers supports the Practice Managers in overseeing all day-to-day store operations. They supervise all practice employees, ensuring AEG policies and procedures are followed, standards are enforced, and all patients' needs are met. An Assistant Manager works on the sales floor and assists the Opticians with sales and troubleshooting, and helps resolve customer service issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Resolves customer service issues/complaints regarding products and/or services; issues refund to patients; Signs off on spectacle remakes.
- Monitors patient flow (appointments and walk-ins), ensuring on-time practice performance. Helps move patients though without disruptions, communicates with the Technicians regarding schedule, and checks in on patients in the lobby.
- Monitors associates break times, ensuring everyone receives breaks as required by law and company policy.
- Participates in interviewing and selection of new practice employees.
- Participates in employee disciplinary actions if necessary.
- Documents any employee relations issues, escalates to Practice Manager or HR as appropriate.
- Resolves conflict between associates, escalates to Practice Manager or HR as appropriate.
- Together with Practice Manager, organized and leads staff meetings.
- Provides ongoing feedback to employees.
- Facilitates training for new team members.
- Demonstrates cost awareness and makes suggestions on improving store's efficiency.
- Monitors associates opening and closing duties, ensuring store is clean, organized, and well-stocked.
- Once a year, or as necessary, participates in store inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by the Practice Manager.