Essential Job Functions
- Maintains and coordinates manager's schedule; schedules appointments with company employees and clients; ensures schedule is feasible and makes efficient use of manager's time.
- Performs moderately complex office duties for department in word-processing, photocopying, faxing, report generation, and filing; may provide specialized administrative support such as moderately complex graphic creation for presentations and documents.
- Schedules business unit/functional area meetings and off-site functions; reserves conference rooms as appropriate; coordinates specific business unit/functional area activities as appropriate. May coordinate travel arrangements.
- Coordinates outgoing department correspondence. Creates original correspondence; assembles, addresses and mails documents to meet business needs.
- Performs moderately complex specialized office duties according to business unit/functional area such as maintaining databases, compiling and analyzing data, and preparing reports/presentations to identify and convey results and trends.
- Answers incoming calls; researches and responds to inquiries; escalates and/or routes calls to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for manager and employees; ensures travel dates are correct; reserves appropriate accommodations to facilitate travel.
- Distributes documents to department employees such as faxes, staff calendars, or proposal responses; photocopies documents as necessary; ensures documents are received by appropriate employees.
- Maintains office and computer supply inventory for the area; orders supplies as needed to ensure adequate supply. Orders specialized supplies such as business cards or software documentation for clients. Contacts service personnel for service on office equipment to ensure continuous service.
- Assists, or is primarily responsible for the administration of a specified travel function (Travel Only - 20% of position).
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Four or more years of administrative assistance experience
- Experience working with administrative practices and procedures
- Experience working with writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Good skills in utilizing presentation and database software and preparing presentations
- Good communication skills
- Good office equipment skills such as faxing and photocopying
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good interpersonal skills for communicating with internal and external personnel of all levels
- Good organization skills to balance work and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Office environment