Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
If you want to enhance your health care finance skills and expertise, this is a great opportunity to work with key leaders to ensure sound financial analysis and sound financial decision making across an outpatient clinic organization.
You will have a key role in helping the organization meet the quadruple aim of high-quality, high-value health care services and outstanding patient and provider/staff experience.
This fulltime position offers part-remote work in the Denver metro area.
- Strategy and performance analysis
- Partner with senior leadership to develop market-wide business plans and strategies
- Work with operational and clinical leaders to develop ideal state performance metrics, goals and strategies at the specialty/clinic level
- Supervise analysis of ideal state results versus goals, and communicate to senior leadership
- Research and understand overall clinic business operations to propose clinic cost saving initiatives
- Supervise tracking of clinic cost efficiency initiative results and communicate to senior leaders
- Provider compensation and incentive calculations
- Partner with clinical, human capital and other market, regional and national leaders to develop and model provider compensation programs
- Supervise preparation of monthly and/or quarterly incentive calculation results
- Review incentive calculation results and present results to market and regional leadership
- Support clinical leadership with presenting to and educating health care providers about compensation plans and incentives
- Forecasting, budgeting and monthly financial close
- Participate with other finance teammates in monthly financial close reporting and variance analysis to budgets or forecasts
- Oversee forecasting of key clinic financial drivers, including but not limited to fee for service productivity and revenue, and appropriate staffing levels
- Partner with operational and clinical leaders to develop strategies for course correction and/or expansion of successful initiatives, as applicable
- Analyze monthly revenue cycle metrics and partner with other market, regional and affiliate leaders to develop strategies to resolve issues and/or improve efficiencies
- Oversee development of complex cost/benefit analyses for key strategies or initiatives
- Acquisition Analysis and Presentation
- Supervise preparation of detailed financial and qualitative analysis of potential acquisitions of provider groups and/or network arrangements
- Supervise preparation of valuation analyses, including multi-year discounted cash flow calculations, and analyses of tax return information
- Summarize analytical results for presentation to senior leadership
- Capital Reporting and Analysis
- Supervise clinic capital project cost development and ongoing cost tracking
- Review cost/benefit analyses
- Review master files of clinic capital projects, capital funding status, and management reporting
- Various strategic analysis
- Supervise, create and/or manage preparation of ad hoc reporting to support finance needs and/or requests from other senior leaders
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in finance and/or accounting
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple tasks and projects with concurrent deadlines
- Ability to translate complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Leadership experience with the ability to develop others and create a positive team-based work environment
- Expert level of proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- CPA license or MBA degree
- Hyperion Essbase, database, and PeopleSoft experience
- Executive presence with solid verbal and written communication/influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Finance Director, Finance, Accounts Receivable, A/R, Medical Billing, Billing Clerk, Medical Claims, Medicaid, Medicare, Denver, CO, Colorado