Do you enjoy spending time with seniors? Would you like to join the team as a Bartender at Balfour where our residents enjoy independent living accommodations?
SCHEDULE: Part Time - Flexibility; need to be available weekends
In this role you will mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to residents and their guests following standard recipes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check guests’ identification and serve alcoholic drinks adhering to state and local regulations
- Mix ingredients to prepare drinks, serve draft beer, bottled beer, wine and liquor according to procedure/ recipe and restaurant specifications
- Perform correct money transactions and make correct change utilizing Point-of-Sale system
- Communicate with guests and team members to promote specials and suggestions
- Reconcile daily bar inventories with bar cash-received totals
- Maintain neat, clean and organized bar area according to restaurant specifications; lift and empty bus tubs, prep and stock bar (e.g., juices, fruit, etc.), clean glassware, morning and after-hours cleaning, mopping, and removal of bar floor mats
- Other side duties assigned by management (e.g., take out linen, restock, refill ice, assist other FOH and BOH Team Members, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS REQUIRED:
No prior education required
Must be 18 years old to pour alcohol or as state regulations dictate
Ability to communicate openly, honestly and responsibly with others
Ability to maintain a customer focus treating others with respect and integrity
Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS PREFERED:
Bartending experience preferred
Previous fine dining experience preferred
Previous experience in Senior Living preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods
Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends as well as occasional holidays, when necessary
Balfour is a pet-friendly community; you may be exposed to animal hair and dander
Why work for Balfour?
- Healthcare coverage for eligible employees working 30 or more hours per week
- Medical, dental and vision plan coverage
- Paid time off (PTO) and sick time for full and part time employees
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Bonus and Employee Resident Referral Bonus Programs
Balfour Senior Living’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
In an effort to protect our associates and our residents, all Balfour Senior Living employees are required to obtain COVID-19 vaccinations and booster prior to commencement of employment with our organization. Qualified exemption requests may be submitted to the human resources department for consideration.
About Balfour Senior Living
Founded in 1997, Balfour Senior Living has received national and international recognition for the quality of its exterior architecture and its elegant interior design marked by the use of a vibrant color palette and a diverse collection of fine art. Since the first community in 1999, Balfour has grown to include ten communities with new projects on the horizon. Balfour is striving to be the most admired senior living company in the United States.
Balfour Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) complying with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, or racial status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, compensation, benefits, and training.