Free RTD Passes to all Colleagues
Starting rate of $15.87 + Tips
Both PT and FT positions available
This position requires Part - Time Weekend availability. Please see additional posting for Full-Time availability
The primary duties of the door person are to coordinate the flow of the front of the hotel, greet guests/vehicles as they arrive to/depart from hotel, and accommodate guests during their stay in a pleasant and efficient manner. Park and retrieve guest valet vehicles as requested in a safe manner.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Approaches all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, professional, and service-oriented manner.
- Greets guests in a pleasant manner.
- Escorts guests to the reception desk.
- Loads and unloads luggage carts.
- Loads and unloads hotel vehicle with luggage.
- Shows guestrooms and suites as needed.
- Escorts guests to rooms if requested.
- Checks and stores luggage for arrivals and departures.
- Answers the telephone, takes appropriate messages.
- Provides information, maps, and directions as required.
- Gives directions.
- Opens and closes vehicle doors for arriving and departing guests.
- Exhibits extensive knowledge of Hotel Teatro's facilities, amenities, and services.
- Handles guests requests without transferring guest calls to other areas.
- Makes manager aware of any guest's comments or complaints.
- Performs any other job related task as directed by the management.
- Issues valet parking tickets.
- Park and retrieve valet vehicles in a safe manner according to the Vehicle Driving Policy
- Remains posted at front door at all times.
- Facilitates line up of on-coming shift to ensure proper communication of events.
Additional Job Duties:
- Maintains current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
- Maintains list of local transportation guides, churches, sport arenas, etc.
- Reports to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook and departmental rules.
- Reports to shift on time.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with Hotel Teatro standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Enforces and complies with all policies and procedures for the Bell Services department, and Hotel Teatro.
Physical requirements of the position include:
- Ability to work occasional long hours.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently, and/ or up to 20 pounds to force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to work entire shift standing.
- Ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
Education, Experience, Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months related experience preferred.
- Clean driving record required.
- Good command of English language required.