About the Opportunity
Ensign Services, Inc.’s (ESI) Compliance Department is seeking a Compliance Billing Partner. Must be an Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Speech Therapist or Registered Nurse with at least five years’ experience in the skilled nursing environment. Primary responsibilities will involve performing compliance audits, conducting internal investigations under direction of associate and chief compliance officer, reviewing and analyzing medical records and/or claims to detect possible compliance or quality issues.
About the Company
ESI currently serves over 200 health care operations in the Western United States, and is expanding. These operations are supported by ESI’s “Service Center,” a world-class service team that provides clinical, legal, human resources, accounting, compliance, information technology, construction and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders to focus squarely on day-to-day business.
Our compliance philosophy is to work as closely with field facilities, agencies and resources as possible to develop solid relationships that allow us to enhance and foster compliance throughout the organization. We not only provide training, oversight and auditing functions, but we also serve as partners to our providers to assist them in building successful businesses in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Performs Medicare claim review portion of internal compliance audits
- Conducts internal investigations involving compliance issues
- Track corrective action plans related to any adverse findings;
- Facilitate other required compliance activities.
- Travel required 70% of the time within Colorado and surrounding areas.
- Occupational, Physical, Speech Language Pathologist Therapy License or Registered Nurse License
- A minimum of five years’ SNF experience
- Expertise in MDS/PDPM coding rules and regulations
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory framework governing the skilled nursing industry
- Ability to work with all levels of management on potentially complex compliance/regulatory issues
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required to write compliance reports, and other communications
- Works well independently in a home office environment on long term projects and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- An engaging and informative teacher for regular training of facility personnel regarding Medicare requirements
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- A desire to constantly improve Medicare management systems and organizational compliance
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the compliance function in a large organization
- Exhibits analytical skills and an understanding of operational processes
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Number of Positions Available: 1
- Position Type: Full Time, Employee
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D Insurance Plans, 401(k) with matching contribution, vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Schedule: Typical business hours but may vary depending on workload and travel needs - 40 hrs/week
- Location: Based out of home office and regularly travels to assigned facilities; must reside near a major airport in the following area:
All inquiries held in strict confidence. Resume can be emailed with Subject Line: Billing - Compliance Partner to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Ensign Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.