Performs functions to plan, coordinate and manage activities involving strategic purchasing, scheduling, and requisitioning of product purchased parts. Maintains effective inventory control records and system procedures. Manages supplier relationships.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with various business stakeholders to develop optimal material specifications, monitor and forecast changes in external source markets, share information with suppliers, identify critical materials and substitutes, identify key suppliers that can support production and delivery, and develop material sourcing and contingency plans to support product changes and Supply Chain challenges.
- Review of Engineering Release Package including Bill of Material for planning and procurement of product purchase parts and fabrication for all Projects.
- Issues and manages purchase orders with external vendors,
- Handles management of required materials (including procurement) to fulfill customer order requirements.
- Executes Purchasing and related Supply Chain activities to meet customer deadlines and provide accurate supplier ship date commitments to maintain supplier on-time delivery as well as customer on-time deliveries.
- Provides reliable and timely cost and delivery data to support Sales and Operations
- Key contributor for management of vendors, inventory control, production, and planning/scheduling.
- Responsible for development of Sourcing Plans and documentation of relevant cost savings activities.
- Performs strategic sourcing on key items for projects domestically and internationally.
- Manages supplier relationships
- Key operational interface for inbound and outbound Logistics. Effectively communicate with both internal and external customers
- (Do not remove this bullet point) Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in purchasing and sourcing required
- Demonstrated hands-on ERP planning and purchasing experience is required
- Equipment Manufacturing and/or international purchasing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and Bill of Materials desirable
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- C.P.M or APICS is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Parkson Corporation does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) with coverage starting on first day of employment as well as 401(k) with company match and holiday pay.
Parkson Corporation is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Parkson Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.