Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Care Management Assistant provides clerical, secretarial and administrative support for the Care Management Team. Under the direction and supervision of the licensed staff, the Care Manager Assistant preforms the following activities and processes; post acute care coordination ( SHF, HHC, DME, Hospice , etc., ) revenue related activities ( authorizations, certifications and payer communications), stocking and monitoring office supplies and equipment and maintaining accurate and complete departmental records. This position may function as the point of contact for the department, and is responsible for the professional and timely response to calls, messages and the forwarding of communications to the responsible party.
The Care Management Assistant may be assigned other duties within the scope of the role, including, but not limited to, scheduling, faxing, auditing ,transcribing, filing, delivering, sorting, editing, tracking and correlating the departments documentation, records and forms. This position emphasis will be on optimizing the licensed staffs productivity by providing clerical support, managing confidential patient information and ensuring the compliant and accurate management of departmental records and communications.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional weekend day.
- The Care Management Assistant complies with confidentiality policies, HIPPA regulations and organizational standards when transmitting protected patient information to external agencies and vendors as needed for placement, payment or referral.
- The Care Management Assistant provides administrative support for the department by performing assigned tasks or activities that do not require a clinical license.
- The Care Management Assistant ensures office supplies and department equipment are available, current and functional.
- The Care Management Assistant schedules arranges and facilitates post acute care referrals, DME or follow up appointments under the supervision of licensed staff. This includes daily updates or communication between the department and post acute provider regarding changes in anticipated discharge date, needs or plan.
- The Care Management Assistant prioritizes and forwards communications relating to insurance requests, denials and Physician Advisor status recommendations to the appropriate Care Manager and documents any related authorizations, denials or status determinations in the designated EMR or software program.
- This position may obtain patient or family signatures on required documentation under the supervision of the clinical staff and maintains such documents in accordance with hospital policy.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of medical vocational training, medical office experience or relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets) and Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to open, edit, save and send documents), typing, and computer data entry.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Associate's Degree (or higher) preferred.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Appeals, clinical, Billing, Collections, Claims, Customer Service, Medical Billing, hiring immediately, #RPO