Are you looking to grow your career in culinary? Come work at an environment based on care and respect, where you can make a difference
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager to join our team at Lutheran Medical Center, located 10 minutes west of downtown Denver. Lutheran Medical Center is a non-profit organization as part of the SCL Health System. We are true partners with our client and have an excellent culture of teamwork and collaboration. We strive for innovation and excellence in the services that we provide. We offer a positive work environment where you can make a real impact on the quality of other's lives.
No "hospital food" here: We have a skilled kitchen staff making great food, largely from scratch. Schedule will primarily be working afternoons and early evenings, including some weekend days. Real QUALITY OF LIFE with Great Hours -- No Late Nights.
The successful candidate will:
- supervise the daily food production for retail, patient services and hospice.
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards and programs are in place, including recipe compliance and food quality
- assist with labor and food cost control
- supervise staff on execution of HACCP, cleaning schedules, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- Be able to provide support during the executive chef's absence, including delivering flawless special events
- be a generalist that can work independently with a high volume of initiative and resourcefulness
- develop and maintain a rapport with, and provide guidance to, our team of associates in an environment of respect and inclusion.
- support the catering functions
- ensure customer & client satisfaction
- be able to recognize high quality food, diagnose what obstacles / issues may be preventing the production of high quality food, and be able to correct & train to resolve inadequacies.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- at least 2 years’ experience supervising/managing kitchen and production teams
- at least 6 years’ work experience in food or culinary services, preferably in contract management services
- proven to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high standards driven environment;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- have a strong knowledge of HACCP, food safety, and regulatory compliance, which will be demonstrated both through setting expectations for others and in personal actions.
- Culinary degree helpful but not required
Learn more about Lutheran Medical Center at SCL - Lutheran Medical Center
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.