CCU is the premier interdenominational Christian university in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region, delivering world class education to thousands of students. The fully accredited, nonprofit University is located in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.
CCU was founded in 1914 on two principles — grace and truth. CCU’s scriptural foundation comes from John 1:17: For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (ESV)
CCU's mission is Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth.
A leader in higher education, the University has been consistently ranked in the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide for its core curriculum by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. CCU has had nine consecutive years of enrollment growth and has been named one of the five fastest-growing master’s granting universities by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
CCU offers more than 100 degree program options for traditional and adult students through its College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Adult and Graduate Studies. More than 9,000 students attend the University on the main campus, in regional centers throughout Colorado, and online.
Scripture states all Christians are called to serve Christ and to minister to others. Because Christians are individuals with different gifts and callings, we serve Christ in a variety of ministry vocations. CCU invites you to explore how you may use your calling and gifts at the University.
What is most appealing about working at CCU?
- Faith-friendly: CCU’s culture is unique to higher education. Where else can you pursue academic excellence yet read the Holy Bible, pray with teammates and students at work, and work to impact our culture in support of Christian values?
- Convictionally Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God’s Word.
- Live out your calling: We are a traditional evangelical university where you can invest your God-given talents and abilities alongside coworkers and teammates, while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings and preparing them for positions of significant leadership in the church, business, government, education, and other professions, as a key part of our University's Strategic Priorities.
We're looking for candidates who have:
- Eight or more years of leadership experience as a financial executive. Experience with advising leadership teams. Certified Public Accountant ( CPA) with a Master’s degree in finance, accounting, or business is preferred. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- High energy, are forward-thinking, and exercise creativity while demonstrating the highest Christian and ethical standards. Must project a professional image.
- A strategic vision for the accounting department and how to project this vision to the University.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and effective operational focus. Knowledge of Ellucian systems, Microsoft Office – including excellent Excel skills, and other accounting software is highly preferred.
- Effective organizational skills and self-directed team player who will build positive relationships across the campus and in the community.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaboratively relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to build positive relationships with vendors and external customers.
- Experience in contracts, lease agreements, and other like processes.