The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is an executive role reporting directly to the CEO and responsible for activities in the organization involving creating, communicating, and delivering technologies and services that provide value for our member and vendor communities, as well as other key stakeholders of our subsidiaries - Kyrio and SCTE.
The CMO is responsible for developing and executing the strategy to present Company as the leading technology thought leader in our areas of research. The CMO and team delivers the brand promise for the unique mission and value of the Kyrio and SCTE subsidiaries. Further, the CMO plays a critical role in driving industry-wide communication campaigns for the cable industry. As the senior most marketing position in the organization, he/she/they oversees these functions across all company product lines, offerings, technologies, and geographies.
Duties and responsibilities
It is the CMO's job to differentiate the unique brands, customers and offerings of the three distinct organizations of Company, Kyrio and SCTE
- Understand each organization’s position in the marketplace, using traditional methods, as well as newer technologies such as data analytics.
- Determine how and where the organizations should be positioned in the future within the industry.
- Develop the unique strategies to drive each of the organizations to that future market position.
The CMO's work is expected to produce top-line results, with marketing efforts raising the brand awareness, recognition and loyalty of Company, Kyrio and SCTE that will ultimately lead to increased value perception and retention. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the CMO will...
- Focus on leading the Marketing, Events, and Specifications and Technical Editing teams, actively partnering across the executive leadership team, engaging in constructive conflict, and operating with positive intent.
- Lead by example by exemplifying the company’s core values, within the framework of our operating norms.
- Contribute to the strategic framework and decision making for our long-term organizational strategies.
- Provide mentorship to direct reports and invest in the growth of the employees to maximize their own potential. Manage a team across both internal talent and external agencies to deliver results.
- Partner with direct reports to ensure that the organization’s story and messages are consistent and coherent across all channels, digital and traditional.
- Partner with external agencies to develop, execute and measure brand marketing tests and campaigns that deliver against brand awareness and perception goals of the stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver against the total brand experience, including the Member and Vendor Relations in both digital and in-person experiences.
- Ensure excellence in marketing operations, project management and integrated marketing campaign execution.
- Continuously refine comprehensive go-to-market plans across multiple geographies, channels, and market segments in collaboration with team leadership.
- Execute on the strategy on time and within budget to optimize spend across various marketing channels, while reporting on the impact across the organization. Work with subsidiaries to ensure revenue goals are achieved through events and other sales channels. Qualifications
- Superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of modern marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- 10 years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility - with a focus on marketing expansion - as well as five to seven years of experience in a leadership role.
- A technical background or experience working in the technology industry is desired.