LifePoint Health- Health Support Center
Pacific Medical Data Solutions, a company of LifePoint Health, is a rapidly growing nationwide revenue cycle management services provider that has been offering high quality medical billing services since 2004. Headquartered in the Denver Tech Center, we offer a rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist. The position will spend the bulk of their time making sure that their clients are fully supported from a charge entry, coding, and billing perspective. Clearinghouse knowledge and working experience is also a plus! You would be working in a team environment with guidance from the Coding Manager. This position also works closely with the AR department for coding related issues.
Perform Evaluation and Management coding, procedure, ICD-10 and HCPC quality reviews as well as other projects related to physician coding compliance. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of complex coding, and reimbursement, as they relate to physician practices and clinic settings. Keeps informed regarding current coding regulations, professional standards and company/department policies and procedures and effectively applies this knowledge.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Seeking Certified Pro-Fee with a minimum of 3-5 years' coding experience.
- Experience with Provider Based and Rural Health but not required.
- Apply appropriate coding classification standards and guidelines to medical record documentation for accurate coding.
- Resolve medical record documentation deficiencies through healthcare provider query and provide routine feedback to correct deficiencies.
- Perform quality assessment of records, including verification of medical record documentation (both electronic and handwritten).
- Responsible for researching errors or missing documentation from medical record in order to provide accurate coding processes.
- Abstract and assign the appropriate ICD-10, HCPCS/CPT codes; including Level I & Level II modifiers as appropriate for all diagnosis and procedures performed in outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of processes and procedures for each assigned client revolving around system use, billing/coding rules, and client specific guidelines.
- Manage time effectively to meet all required deadlines and time-frames for client and department needs.
- Collaborate in a team environment with the Department Manager and other staff on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, standards, and laws.