Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in the North Eastern part of the USA you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard edits, workflows, and issues
- Assesses and interprets needs of the Ambulatory Coding Team by prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Solves complex questions and conducts analysis of trends to provide education for the coding staff and clients including physicians/providers
- Provides detailed education to the Coding Team and acts as a resource to others
- Train and review assignments completed by new employees and provide post-hire reviews as needed
- Apply expert coding knowledge to professional coding and billing initiatives and inquiries
- Identify appropriate assignment of ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS II Codes for physician services, while adhering to the official coding guidelines and established client coding guidelines of the assigned facility
- Understand the Medicare Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) codes
- Adhere to the ethical standards of coding as established by AAPC and/or AHIMA
- Adhere to and maintain required levels of performance in both coding quality and productivity as established by Optum360
- Understand federal coding register and ensure guidelines are used and followed appropriately
- Understanding of appeal process with knowledge how to speak to denial and/or appeals
- Provide documentation feedback to providers and query physicians when appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date Coding knowledge by reviewing materials disseminated/recommended by the Compliance, Coding Operations, etc.
- Participate in coding department meetings and educational events
- Solid knowledge of coding clinics and how to obtain education information
- Process Rebills as appropriate
- Other duties at the discretion of the Coding Supervisor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Professional coder certification with credentialing from AHIMA and/or AAPC (CPC, CCS-P, RHIA, RHIT) to be maintained annually
- 3+ years of Physician medical coding (ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS II) experience in a multi-specialty physician clinic
- Intermediate knowledge of OCE, MUE and NCCI classification and reimbursement structures
- Experience working in a level I trauma center and/or teaching hospital with a mastery of complex procedures in 1+ the following specialty areas: Cardiothoracic, Vascular and Cardiac Catheterizations, Orthopedics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, OB/GYN, Hospitalist, and other specialties may be applicable
- Experience in Inpatient/Observation E/M coding
- Ability to use a PC in a Windows environment, including MS Excel and various EMR systems
- Ability to provide expert level coding guidance to physicians, practitioners, and coders as needed
- Travel once a month to location in/near Greensburg, Latrobe, Irwin PA (the rest of the time will be working from home); milage reimbursement provided
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience auditing charts in a professional coding environment
- Experience providing physician/coding education
- Experience with various systems (CACp, Cerner, Allscripts, IDX, RCX, Encoder Pro)
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face and in writing
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $28.27 to $50.29. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Coding Provider Educator, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, work from home, Greensburg, PA, Pennsylvania