PETS HOTEL ASSOCIATE
ABOUT OUR HOTEL:
Working at PetSmart is not a job, its a community of those who work together for the love of pets. As a Pets Hotel Associate, youll ensure that pets feel extra loved while they are playing with us and staying with us! Youll build a connection with pet parents to discuss their pets unique personalities and provide a safe fun environment during their visit.Our Hotels offer multiple shifts throughout the early morning, day, evening and overnight hours.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
In a store as big as ours, we need all hands (and paws!) on deck to ensure we are operating efficiently. So, as a PetSmart associate, you may be cross-trained in the following areas:
- Customer Engagement: You are the smiling face that greets pets and creates that first impression in our Pets Hotels. Youll advise the pet parents on the different services and solutions we offer to create a customized experience for their pet.
- Pet Care: All work and no play? Not here! You will interact directly with the pets--playing with them during DoggieDay Camp, ensuring they get exercise, and ensuring their tummies are full! Safety and cleanliness are top priority to us, so we keep that top of mind throughout the day of play!
- Night Care: The compassion and care for our pets doesn't end when we close shop at the end of the night. On the night shift, you will ensure that our pets are well taken care of throughout their entire overnight stay. You'll be there with them taking care of them, providing food and medication, and, occasionally, a bedtime story.
ABOUT YOUR CAREER:
And while were there for pets at every stage of their lives, well be with you at every stage of your career. With PetSmart, you will have opportunities to:
- Gain experience in a different business unitfrom the Pets Hotel to the store to the salon
- Develop your leadership skills as a Pets Hotel Assistant Manager or Retail Store Department Manager
- Tackle the challenge of a new hotel opening or turnaround a struggling location
- Transfer to any one of our 1600 stores nationwide *note: not all stores have Pets Hotels
THE WARM AND FUZZIES:
Weve highlighted job responsibilities as best as we could abovebut the best parts of working at PetSmart cant be fully described in the job description.
- Its the excitement you feel when you help a little one pick out his very first fish. And not just any goldfish, but that one, right there, no not that one, this one, yea!
- Its the relief Rosie feels when you help her mom select the best food for her upset tummy and her delight when it turns out to be chicken flavored!!
- Its the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, hes taken!
- Its the joy of reuniting Frankie with her family after a fun stay in our Pets Hotel.
- Its the celebration of Bellas birthday, Gizmos graduation from puppy classes or Aces adoption.
- Its the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
Working at PetSmart is not a job, its a community of those who work together for the love of pets.
Apply now to experience a career that loves you back.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. You will be provided a copy of a job description for the actual position you are hired in to.
The Colorado pay range for this position is from $12.60 to $22.40 per hour. Exact rate of pay will be based on position and experience level
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law.Applicants must be the age of 18 or over, unless located in Montana or where otherwise required by local or state law.. The employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles, San Francisco, and WaterlooFair Chance Initiative for Hiring.