Requisition ID: 130520
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Communications System Engineer in our growing Rail Transit System Engineering Group based in our new KIE headquarter in Lone Tree, CO. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Lone Tree, CO office.
- Support senior engineer for all facets of communications system engineering effort
- Support developing the scope of work for communications system engineering tasks
- Support senior engineer or manager for related schedules and budgets for assigned project elements; monitor progress against schedule and budget requirements; and identify and document changes in scope
- Support determining the applicable scope of work for procurement of materials and equipment, procurement schedules and budgets for assigned project buy outs; monitor progress to maintain those procurements; and interface with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process
- Support senior engineer for coordinating work among other discipline leads towards successful deliverables and completion of projects
- Prepare and/or review technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management
- Produce detail design plans for all communications and network systems to support the communications related equipment.
- Perform studies to support the deployment of various communications systems.
- Support managing third party subcontractors to complete necessary detail design communication activities
- Ability to select technology, devices, equipment and/or components to meet performance requirements.
- Assess potential outside design consultants.
- Provide guidance for Junior Engineer/Designers and subcontracting arrangements as well as evaluate estimated design costs.
- Other supporting tasks deemed necessary by the senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering, electronics engineering, information systems engineering or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree in engineering is preferred.
- PE is a PLUS
- Minimum 8 years of progressive work experience and thorough understanding of the following, but not limited to;
- Communications system design, and construction. This includes, but not limited to, the Network backbone, the Fiber optic network, Network architecture and configuration, Public Address, Passenger Information System, CCTV, IP-PBX System, Access Control system, Maintenance Management System, AFC (Automatic Fare Collection), Radio system, Network interface with safety critical and auxiliary systems,
- Regulations and standards for communications system design, operation, and maintenance
- Communications system project and/or construction management
- Engineering and contract management
- Systems integration management
- Beginner to Intermediate understanding of other subsystems such as train control, supervisory control/ SCADA, traction power, tunnel ventilation, and auxiliary electrical systems
- Beginner to Intermediate understanding of on-board/ wayside interface
- Beginner to Intermediate understanding, at minimum of communications system aspect of train control technologies such as ATC, PTC, and CBTC
- Rail Transit communications system project experience is preferred or Oil & Gas experience will be considered
- Experiences on the Fiber Optic / Network design / CCTV / PA / Intercom / Radio / Security (Access Control) / Fire Alarm / SCADA experiences on the Oil & Gas welcome.
- Denver base priority.
- Relocation package to Denver supplied by Kiewit.
- Ability to travel as business requires
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
Base Compensation: $81,054 - $121,582
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.