UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is the largest business dedicated to the health and wellbeing needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries. For more than three decades, UnitedHealthcare has served the health care coverage needs of Medicare beneficiaries, navigating through multiple evolutions of the Medicare program and growing to become the preferred choice of more beneficiaries than any other company. Today we remain committed to providing people with a choice of innovative health and well-being solutions that help them access the quality care they need and enjoy the superior experience they deserve.
The role of this CO Government Programs Manager of Community Outreach is vital in achieving this commitment to our members through their focus on innovative leadership, outreach team support and coaching, and accountability for growth and results in the product portfolio through the development of strategic relationships with organizations and providers throughout the state.
If you are located in CO, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop Others:
- Manage the team of Community Outreach Representatives to plan, implement, and coordinate sales events and programs for all assigned products throughout the state
- Communicate performance expectations and goals, evaluate performance results, provide feedback and coaching on key performance indicators and productivity
- Conduct regular ride-alongs with staff member to ensure both compliance with CMS standards and that sales goals are met
- Facilitate Execution Plans:
- Responsible for developing and managing valued partner relationships directly with community-based organizations, providers, professional organizations, external entities, venues, C-suite executive level managers, and/or influencers for the purpose of creating, enabling, and nurturing growth and sales opportunities throughout the state
- Partner closely with sales team to execute a sales plan that includes strategies and revising strategies as dictated by market changes, sales results, and other factors
- Achieves and exceeds assigned goals
- Communicate Effectively and Manage Conflict by:
- Working collaboratively with others (both inside the sales unit as well as outside) to achieve goals
- Relate to others in an open and accepting manner and treat everyone with dignity and respect while focusing on inclusion and diversity to maximize team performance
- Keep others up to date on information, openly contributing ideas and fully understanding support decisions made by the team and the organization
- Lead with and model Achievement Drive by:
- Demonstrating the ability to meet or exceed performance standards in a timely manner
- Exhibiting attention to detail and ability to track/maintain various components/data elements required/needed (e.g. sales materials, files, etc.)
- Display a strong Growth Mindset by:
- Encouraging innovation and pioneering thinking whenever possible
- Using facts, sound judgment and application of business knowledge when making decisions within existing processes
- Quickly identifying and effectively resolving issues/problems in a way that supports the long-term goals of the organization yet meets the immediate needs of the situation
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical, organizational, problem solving and presentation skills
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change
- Able to shift gears comfortably
- Can decide and act without having the total picture
- Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty in a manner consistent with UnitedHealth Group’s core values
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A state life/health insurance license is a requirement for this position by law. If you do not already have one, must be willing to obtain a (company-sponsored) state health/life insurance license within 60 days of hire
- 3+ years of sales/business development experience
- Proven success exceeding company sales goals and deliverables
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience managing multiple projects/tasks
- Active driver's license with good driving history
- Access to insured, reliable transportation to travel up to 75% of the time within the contiguous counties in assigned territory
- Ability to work Monday - Friday and outside core business hours, including evenings and weekends, per business needs
- Live in/within commutable distance to Englewood, CO
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree
- Active health insurance license
- Sales experience in insurance industry
- Experience in Medicare products, consumers, or managed care
- Have established professional relationships with local/community contacts
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.