The Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities in a rapidly growing organization. This position will work closely with the senior leadership team and lead all day-to-day finance operations to support our business as we grow our current business and explore new opportunities.
The Controller will ensure that the company has the systems and procedures in place to support effective business functions and conduct flawless external reporting. Due to the company being a small start-up, this position will need to display executive presence but have the ability to wear many hats through our growth phase.
This position will have direct oversight and management of the entire FP&A team to include the accounting, finance, and actuary functions. As a result, this position is responsible for the full accounting and financial operations of the company to include: the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, accounting estimates, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for completion of monthly accounting close.
- Completion of financial statements and management reports.
- Responsible for integrity of financial statements including compliance with US GAAP.
- Advise on accounting and financial process and implications of business decisions.
- Develop, implement, and track internal controls to protect assets.
- Responsible for the coordination with auditors on all tax and audit matters.
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Preparation of registration, regulatory tax filings, including monthly sales and property tax filings.
- Manage overall cash flow and ensure optimal working capital.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Work with Key Managers to review financial information and provide guidance.
- Manage and maintain regular reports to management including updates on performance of the business.
- Support developing financial budgeting and forecasting process.
- Streamline processes using technology.
- Develop systems that provide visibility and trends for market profitability.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 7-10+ years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with financial reporting requirements and GAAP accounting
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing deadlines
- Proven experience in creating robust reporting and actionable analytics
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience in the healthcare sector
- Experience in audit and tax
- Embodies Strive’s core values: Care for Others First, Resilience, Tenacity, Innovation, and Fun