Rep Fitness is a direct-to-consumer fitness equipment manufacturer based in Denver, CO. Since being founded in 2012, our mission is to enrich lives through our shared passion for fitness. We do that by leading the way in innovation, customer service, and value. As an INC 500 growth company, our growth has only been achieved through true start-up mentality and a passion for what we do.
We are looking to hire a talented and highly motivated Controller. You will play a critical role as the company continues its rapid growth. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, participatory manager who will lead and continue to build out the Finance and Accounting Team. The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Netsuite, a successful track record in setting and hitting priorities; as well as excellent analytic, organization skills, and a love for fitness!
Reports to: President
- Direct the day-to-day, weekly, monthly, and annual activities of the accounting function including A/P, A/R, Credit and Collections, Payroll, and Expense Reports.
- Close the monthly and year-end books, accurately capture transactions in the proper G/L accounts, and comply with GAAP.
- Prepare, analyze, interpret, and report on income statements, balance sheets, cash flow projections, and other financial data.
- Track and manage financial obligations in current states of operations such as Business Tax, Use Tax, Sales Tax, Payroll Taxes, etc.
- Research tax and financial obligations in new markets targeted for expansion.
- Prepare and file timely and accurate tax returns and other required government filings.
- Produce and present financial reports, risk analysis, and financial modeling.
- Generate and analyze quarterly reporting package.
- Perform a deep analysis of all expenditures. Identify opportunities to scale back costs, eliminate redundancies, optimize supplies, equipment, and assets, and improve the terms of purchase and service contracts.
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting and financial controls, policies, and procedures.
- Create budgets using input and data from management to develop department, division, and location budgets that flow into the consolidated companywide budget. Perform budget versus actual analysis. Identify and control variances and expenditures.
- Interface with sales and operations to develop the forecast and drive margins by services and clients. Analyze forecast versus actual and consult with management to drive course correction.
- Collaborate with management team. Provide technical support and training.
- Develop department staff into a robust and agile team.
- Liaison with auditors, lenders regulatory agencies, brokers, TPAs, vendors, and legal counsel.
- Oversee internal/external audits and file a variety of reports with regulatory agencies.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
• 10+ years proven accounting experience and 5+ years experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
• CPA highly preferred
• Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
• Experience with international expansion
• Experience with Netsuite
• Exemplary history of financial project management
• Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
• You can think big but also like to get your hands dirty
• You are communicative, detail-oriented, and highly organized
• You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Loves fitness!
• Competitive salary.
• Full health, vision and dental coverage for employee (no deductions out of your paycheck!).
• 401k plan with employer match options.
• Employee discount on equipment.
• Awesome co-workers!
Work for a high-growth dynamic company