This position will be staffed in either Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA or Denver, CO.
Job Description Summary
The primary purpose of the position is to provide contracts and legal support to a variety of business units throughout the Company. In this capacity, the Counsel will, among other functions, review requests for proposal from State and local government clients to determine corporate risk and assist with bidding strategy decisions; review and negotiate contracts and other transactional documents, including prime contracts, amendments, change orders, license and software maintenance agreements, subcontracts, teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements and vendor agreements; draft contractual language; prepare executive-level briefings; attend standing meetings for supported business units; ensure compliance with all Company processes and procedures for contract approval/execution; ensure compliance with Company policy on acceptable contract terms and conditions; and draft legal correspondences. Assist with projects and other assignments as requested.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Requirements & Qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the policies for the company, ensuring compliance with FAR, DFARS, other regulations, company directives.
- Oversee the review of proposals and contract actions processed for the company prior to signature or negotiation, and ensure the all factors have been considered and all necessary information has been gathered.
- Implement contract policies, procedures, and other business and contractual or compliance matters affecting the business unit.
- Manage and direct subcontract completions and close-out process.
- Oversee, manage, and provide guidance and direction to direct reports by reviewing all change notices and amendments to major contracts (including all contracts with development effort) affecting period of performance, funding, cost or changes to technical specifications and ensuring proper risk evaluation and mitigation.
- Oversee and monitor negotiation of contractual agreements on terms and conditions that are in the best interest of the company and its client.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interact with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
• Juris Doctorate degree
• Current admission to at least one U.S. State BAR (it can be any state)
• 2 years of related contracts experience, practicing transactional or corporate law
• Exceptional communication skills
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.