Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Internal Audit is a provider of independent, objective assurance services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Consumer & Small Business Banking Audit Team has an opening for a Data Analytics Principal Auditor. This role will be responsible for supporting audit work through advanced analytics. The candidate will develop expertise in navigating the extensive production and analytical data environments within Wells Fargo and apply that expertise to provide value-added data analysis solutions. We are looking for a candidate with the proven ability to utilize data analysis methodologies and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the audit process. This includes partnering with internal auditors to identify opportunities to utilize data analysis in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls on a continuous basis.
- Facilitating the identification of opportunities to utilize data analysis in the assessment of risk and controls.
- Navigating within large complex technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing.
- Effectively documenting the analysis in accordance with audit policy.
- Training and mentoring audit teams in the use of data analysis and data analysis tools.
- Partnering with assigned audit teams to build expertise in the use of data analysis within the internal audit function.
Salary range is determined by the location of the job.
May be considered for a discretionary bonus.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following audit or risk functions: covering risk identification, mitigation and management (includes audit, legal, operational risk, compliance risk, credit risk, market risk, technology risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for risk.) demonstrated through work or military experience
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- 2+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Experience developing operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
Other Desired Qualifications
- Audit experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Computer Science (B.A.) [Concentration in Financial Services Informatics, AI, Robotics, Data Science, Software, Systems]
- Management Information Systems [Concentration in Management Information Systems, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Systems Analysis]
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Certifications in one or more of the following:
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional
- SAS Certified Data Scientist
- Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences
- Certified Analytics Professional
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Experience in data processing, database programming, and/or data analytics
- SQL or SAS programming experience including automation solutions of medium to high technical complexity
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit and/or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Experience identifying and assessing key risks and controls and documenting audit workpapers
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo businesses, systems of record, and data warehouses
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
CO-Denver: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
AZ-Chandler: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
TX-San Antonio: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
TX-Addison: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 2801 Market St - Saint Louis, MO
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.