Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need - saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our 'Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
* Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
* Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
* Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
* Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
* Enjoy a 'Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
* Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
* Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
* We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering 'Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Data Scientist, Pricing & Revenue Management Decision Science will be joining a team that works to deliver solutions to address business problems by employing operations research, statistical, machine learning, product management, data engineering and programming skills. The Data Scientist will see the direct impact of their own work and will work in an environment where suggesting new ideas and approaches is encouraged. Partnering with different teams in the Pricing and Revenue Management (PRM) department, the Data Scientist will work to understand business problems, research, and deploy solutions ranging from process automation to identifying valuable new insights in data and working to deploy a model to capture value from those insights. The Data Scientist and Decision Science team will focus on driving continuous improvement of the systems, processes, tools, team and self.
* Design, execute, and deliver advanced quantitative analyses and models using operations research, statistical, machine learning, product management, and programming skills to drive decision-making and actions, either by analysts or by systems
* Employ data engineering and programming skills to clean data, create data flows and pipelines for models to run, and deploy them to production
* Collaborate with partner teams (pricing, yield management, ancillary, etc.) to more deeply understand the issues trying to be addressed and enhance existing and create new production models and automated solutions
* Share and present the results of analyses and models with stakeholders including upper level management
* Work primarily in Python, SQL, or other coding languages
* Develop hypotheses to test and understand what can and cannot be inferred from the results
* Mentor and collaborate with other team members
* Create and maintain code standards, participate in code reviews, and document workflows, models, and code
* Assist with reporting as needed
* List those functions that are marginally important to the position.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field required;
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, or other analytically focused programs preferred
* Previous professional use of SQL, Python, R or other coding languages
* Previous professional use of statistical analysis required
* 2-5 years of relevant professional experience
* Experience in an airline pricing, yield- or revenue management, revenue analytics, revenue systems, or similar role preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proven ability to independently perform quantitative analysis and model development
* Able to apply concepts from economics and pricing management to coding models and analytical products
* Able to efficiently summarize analytic approaches and products and present insights and actions to upper management
* Understanding of operations research, statistical, machine learning, product management, and/or programming solutions and techniques
* Able to effectively deploy data engineering solutions
* Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Must have good attention to detail for reporting and analysis
* Ability to work collaboratively with other departments, partners and staff
Standard office computer equipment
Work Environment / Remote Work Options
* This role can be based at our headquarters in Denver, CO or anywhere in the United States via a remote work arrangement (periodic travel to Denver from a Frontier-serviced city required)
* If remote, you must be able to follow our remote work policies, including ability and comfort level working from home with access to a high-speed internet connection
* If headquarters-based, typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
$84,280.00 - $105,350.00
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective DOT safety-sensitive employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any DOT safety-sensitive job applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
COVID Vaccination Policy for New Hires
Where permitted by applicable law, all candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not already employed by Frontier Airlines. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.