Our client is a global digital solutions company for Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations alike around the world. They are seeking an experienced Delivery Director for their office in Austin, TX, to be responsible for the leadership and delivery of large, complex transformation programs that consist of business, technology, and operational change.
We are seeking experienced, high caliber industry leaders with a proven track record of successful delivery. Candidates must have a deep understanding of program management principles, a strategic mindset, and the natural ability to lead large teams.
The role of the Delivery Director is to ensure customer satisfaction, business growth and smooth delivery across numerous projects/programs.
● Defining the objectives, delivery strategy and associated timelines for the program, setting aspirational goals and milestones
● Choosing a delivery methodology and ensuring it is implemented effectively with the appropriate controls and governance
● Providing regular progress updates to senior client stakeholders and the senior management team including the escalation of blocking issues and ongoing risk management
● Building a high caliber, motivated and professional program leadership team across all disciplines including business design, technology and architecture, testing, release and live support, business change
● Day to day management of a multidisciplinary team which consists of client staff, contractors, suppliers, and internal staff, including performance management where necessary
● Definition of and adherence to the program budget
● Ongoing identification and implementation of efficiencies needed to improve quality and pace while reducing running costs
● Ensure all solutions and operations adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
● On-demand provide consulting/coaching/training for project team members (e.g. team leads, scrum masters, DMs, etc.);
● Managing and monitoring of gross margin (GM) and ongoing earned value (EV) analysis;
● Provide proactive constructive input to the internal organization on services and solutions that should be considered for improvement and/or creation;
● Supervise and mentor Delivery Management Team;
● Be accountable for the Change and Risk management for the entire Customer’s project portfolios, including those managed by other project managers, balancing resources in line with overall delivery criticality;
● Play leading role for Agile Center of Excellence to ensure delivery expertise growth;
● The program would be well structured, organized, and managed. It is perceived by your peers as an example of modern, best practice
● The quality of staff and deliverables would be outstanding, the program would be considered the ‘go to’ opportunity for ambitious, driven individuals throughout the organization
● An ethos of continuous improvement will be established with the whole team focused on becoming faster and constantly improving quality
● Delivery costs would be known and well managed with future spend accurately forecast
● The delivery risk would be managed effectively with all key decisions being taken through formal governance and approved by the appropriate decision-making body
● The program board and key stakeholders would feel fully informed of both progress and potential risks/issues. They would fully trust and rely on the Program
● Company will be highly valued and respected by the client, the account will grow beyond annual forecasts. Company will be asked to assist in new areas of the business, the client will treat you as an essential part of their leadership team and be happy to provide marketing materials such as a quote and a case