The Delivery Driver delivers meals and supplies from the Central Kitchen to scheduled delivery points for Volunteers of America Seniors' Nutrition, Meals on Wheels, Residential and Head Start Programs. The delivery driver packs, loads, and organizes agency vehicles to ensure scheduled and efficient completion of the route. The delivery driver cultivates and maintains communication and teamwork with clients, volunteers, coworkers, and community partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in packaging meals and milk to ensure meals are appropriately sealed and insulated to maintain food safety standards and counts are accurate. Verifies accurate counts.
• Loads packaged meals, milk and supplies on in vehicles, using drivers' checklist or route sheets to verify accuracy according to Volunteers of America specifications
• Loads delivery equipment into company vehicle to be transported to designated drop sites and homebound clients; ensures hot and cold packs are placed in appropriate delivery containers and organized for food safe delivery.
• Safely drives company vehicle following all posted speed limits and general traffic laws on a published route schedule to deliver meals and supplies in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintains cleanliness of company vehicle and delivery equipment according to posted cleaning schedule.
• Reports any safety or mechanical issues to supervisor through completion of daily vehicle checks and weekly completion of an agency vehicle check list.
• Delivers mail from the Central Kitchen to dining centers, volunteers and program participants; returns mail and client contribution locked bags from dining centers, volunteers and program participants to Central Kitchen.
• Delivers/Assists with volunteer route meals delivery when a volunteer is unable to deliver. unavailable
• Reports changing conditions or delivery problem issues with dining centers, volunteers and program participants to supervisor immediately upon return to Central Kitchen.
• Assists in pick-up and delivery of program food and supply inventory stored offsite.
• Behaves in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner at all times in contacts with dining centers, volunteers, program participants and the general public to foster a positive image and maintain good relationships.
• Maintains ongoing communication with coordinators and administrative personnel.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Models core culture attributes of Volunteers of America-Colorado Branch that include
“AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and pursues with vigor Volunteers of America- Colorado Branch three critical virtues of HHS ( Hungry, Humble, and People Smart).
• Maintain a positive, professional attitude and appearance at all times.
• Occasional Program Volunteers