Ref ID: 00620-9502971849
Classification: Finance Director
Compensation: $101000.00 to $142000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is partnering with a government entity to add a direct hire Deputy Finance Director to their team in Brighton, CO. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Finance Director with government experience to join a stable company with great benefits! The Deputy Finance Director is responsible for:
- Managing functional sections in the Finance department.
- Training and evaluating finance and accounting staff.
- Leading the development of departmental goals and objectives.
- Assisting in development of department policies and procedures.
- Making recommendations on staffing levels.
- Assisting in preparing and monitoring of the department budget.
- Monitoring and evaluating service delivery methods and business processes,
- Conducting a variety of departmental, organizational, and operational studies, evaluating programs, and recommending modifications to programs, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Presenting to various boards, committees, other organizations, and staff; attending and participating in professional group meetings; stays abreast of trends, technology, and innovations in the fields of Finance, Budget, Accounting, Purchasing, and other types of public services.
- Preparing, reviewing, and presenting staff reports and analyses, various management reports and information updates, and reports on special projects as assigned.
- Responding to difficult and sensitive public inquiries and complaints and assisting in resolutions and alternative recommendations.
- Monitoring financial obligations and ensuring that requirements related to court financing are achieved.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.