Starting rate of pay will be: $28-$29/hr
Desktop Services provides escalated technical support and services from the Service Desk for all computer users in all divisions of Shamrock Foods Company. This position supports a 24/7 work environment.
- Follow written and verbal instructions/directions
- Follow all ticket handling and escalation procedures
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve system hardware and software problems
- Communicate time sensitive or critical technical information to Shamrock associates
- Monitor and investigate re-occurring problems
- Investigate problems and perform root cause analysis
- Answer, record, solve, and track calls/requests from users
- Provide comprehensive technical support services to Shamrock employees and customers
- Work within Service Level Agreements, including but not limited to Average Speed of Answer, Average Talk Time, Abandon Time, Hold Times, etc.
- Apply critical thinking skills and troubleshooting methods to either resolve or escalate issues to the appropriate technical support team.
- Use available knowledge tools during troubleshooting
- Take all necessary steps to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Create, submit as well as manage escalated detailed tickets documenting customer interactions.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness are key call logging components
- Confirm and update customer profile information as needed.
- Promptly notify management of any potentially 'dissatisfied' customers
- Follow all documented escalation processes and procedures
- Maintain technical proficiency in Shamrock supported systems and applications
- Active participation in department organized training events and staff meetings.
- Contribute current technical information and best practices concerning Shamrock proprietary applications to the Documentation Reference Library or other Shamrock knowledge distribution channels.
- Organize and utilize all support resources provided including emails, documentation, contact lists, etc.
- Possess decision making skills
- Facilitate communication and document outages time lines
- Open/facilitate communications for the call-in bridge line
- Assist in directing technical resources to work through outage issues to resolution.
- Understand and follow time sensitive escalation procedures
- Document, track, analyze and follow up on all issues escalated from the Service Desk.
- Analyze data to reduce costs and improve service levels and MTTR (Mean time to repair)
- Identify reoccurring problems - suggest solutions
- Identify and remove waste to streamline business processes
- Understand how to maintain user access to Shamrock Foods Enterprise Network and individual applications.
- Understand how account creations are completed for all Shamrock systems and applications
- Account Terminations - Lock-down/remove access to all SFC systems applications
- Internet account administration - Removes internet access for associates who abuse internet privileges or receive virus alerts
- Password administration
- Other duties as assigned