Charter is seeking a marketing and advertising law attorney to be responsible for providing comprehensive legal and strategic advice to Charters Corporate Marketing organization.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise senior attorneys and management teams on identification and analysis of commercial and legal risks related to various marketing issues with respect to Charters core products and services.
- Structure, draft and negotiate vendor, talent, production and sponsorship agreements.
- Advise management on development and substantiation of advertising claims.
- Review advertising and marketing copy, public relations and media announcements, and draft releases to use names and images in advertisements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across data privacy/security, intellectual property, and procurement teams to support and advise on complex marketing programs and agreements.
- Advise senior attorneys and management teams on marketing laws or trends, FTC guidelines and NAD decisions.
- Evaluate existing policies, procedures and training opportunities for Marketing organization.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Must be proactive and have the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional team setting
- Must possess elevated leadership skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively, sometimes under pressure, in a fun but fast-paced team setting
Juris Doctor degree from a top-tier law school
Active State Bar Membership in good standing, plus the ability to be licensed to practice law in the applicable jurisdiction
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
5+ years of relevant work experience (preferably with a large law firm and/or in-house work)
Heavy emphasis on experience with complex commercial negotiations in a commercial and government setting, including strong analytical, drafting and negotiating skills
Knowledge and experience with counseling a sales organization that works on a demanding timeline
LGC730 304892-1 304892BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $120,700.00. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.