Farmers Business Network® ( FBN® ) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes , and were also named " One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World " by Fast Company Magazine.
This person will join our rapidly expanding FinTech offering as part of our effort to grow our lending program. You will be critical to growing FBN's lending business and ensuring farmer members have access to credit. We are building an innovative Farmers First® FinTech offering that will address farmers' financing needs. This is a unique opportunity to help create and grow a new business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
In this role, you will work with the FBN Finance leadership team to identify and develop relationships with external companies and individuals that will support our business. This will include ag bankers, farm financial consultants and accountants, real estate brokers, ag-focused lawyers, and whoever else you think will help us better serve our farmer customers. You will also identify unique opportunities to expand our business beyond our current offerings - whether it's referring farmers for cell tower leases, farmer-focused investment opportunities, or a new financial product, you will identify and negotiate the deals to get this done.
To be successful in this role, you will need experience in the ag finance industry (or a willingness to learn fast!). You will also need to enjoy building new relationships and strategizing unique ways FBN Finance can expand its business through partnerships. You need to have experience working with business partners and cross-functional teams.
If you're looking for an opportunity to work on a high-growth agricultural team and build a world-class fintech business, this could be a great fit!
- Manage and nurture relationships in the ag finance and farmland industry and the supporting ecosystems
- Develop and manage a pipeline of potential partners
- Develop and refine our value proposition for these partners and develop associated collateral to convey this value
- Negotiate partnership agreements to meet the needs of both our business as well as our customers
- Work collaboratively with our Sales and Underwriting teams to execute on partnerships
- Work collaboratively with the product, sales, and marketing teams to develop and execute our go to market strategy
- Work with the Policy and Government Relations to identify a strategy to engage with key trade associations for FBN Finance
- This is a startup - there is no job too big or too small. You'll be negotiating major deals for FBN Finance one day and helping tear down the booth at a trade show the next
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in the agriculture and/or finance industry
- An understanding of the ag finance ecosystem and major players
- Proven experience managing relationships and negotiating partnership agreements
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- High level of organization and an ability to prioritize and multitask in a target rich environment
- Effective communication skills and a demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Skilled in influencing and motivating others
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply
The following represents FBN's reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $165,000 - $190,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
FBN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. FBN considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We participate in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here .
FBN is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email fill out this form .