Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Education Solutions Operations will be responsible for leading the education content creation operations team with a focus on customer experience, end-to-end project management and workflow, quality assurance and error management, document management, and a consistent brand experience. They will lead a multifunctional team consisting of operation-based and project management roles.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the clinical education operations team
- Lead the implementation, execution, and tracking of operational policies, processes, and initiatives
- Partner with Clinical Intelligence clinical leadership to deliver on annual key measures and milestones
- Drive the build of analytics and reporting of content effectiveness, customer satisfaction, and program performance
- Develop enhanced and scalable content management, storage, and review processes
- Drive the implementation and execution supporting technologies
- Support the creation and maintenance of SOPs for all Education Solutions processes
- Align with senior leaders across Clinical Intelligence to support education, training, and analytics in support of strategic goals
- Serve as team leader when collaborating with internal and external leadership teams and OptumCare management across markets to coordinate execution and implementation in OptumCare and Optum CareServices
- Drive a strong culture and environment that will support and enable all team members to be successful. Foster accountability, teamwork and mutual trust and respect for all team members through mentoring and coaching activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of leading teams directly or indirectly in a highly matrixed environment including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across multiple lines of business
- 7+ years of operations leadership and analytics experience
- 7+ years of working experience in improving/optimizing process performance and results
- 5+ years of functioning in management/director or higher
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional client engagement
- Proven ability to improve business processes, methods, quality, and decision-making to achieve meaningful, measurable improvements
- Strong communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders with in Optum's Executive and Senior leaders including those in Clinical Performance, Care Delivery Organizations, and Care Services lines of business
- Ability to form strong relationships with peers in practice, and leadership
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to deliver complex messages highly effective written, oral, and persuasive communication skills.
- Effective project and change management skills
- Effective listening and negotiating skills
- 3+ years of experience and broad understanding of clinical education and learning management system
- 2+ years of experience and baseline knowledge of Risk Adjustment, CMS 5 Star, HEDIS, and other Pay for Performance Programs
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.