The Director Finance Digital Transformation reports to the Chief Financial Officer of Sierra Space. This role entails hiring and developing a team of Program Managers (PMs) and as well as managing execution of one to many projects and initiatives in the Indirect Finance ecosystem. The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to communication and collaboration, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in this role.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the project management processes and methodologies. The candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable manager with strong communication skills. The pace is exceptionally fast and dynamic at Sierra Space. This role requires the need to be agile and flexible, as changes will be certain and frequent.
A subsidiary of Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), Sierra Space builds and delivers the future of space transportation, destinations and infrastructure, offering “space-as-a-service” in support of the new space economy. Leveraging breakthrough technologies including the Dream Chaser® spaceplane, also known as America’s Spaceplane®, and expandable LIFE™ habitat, Sierra Space offers turnkey solutions that are modular, reusable and scalable. Sierra Space brings life to space, and space to life. Learn More about Sierra Space
- Bachelor's degree or 15 years equivalent experience in program management, business management, computer information systems, business systems, or a related field of study
- Directors shall possess extensive knowledge of the program management disciplines of program planning, cost, schedule, and risk management, and resource planning, among other things to manage the Sierra Space Finance portfolio/ individual programs.
- Superior knowledge of project management disciplines and project Team dynamics
- Demonstrated and successfully managed large complex and cross functional projects involving business software development, integration, and implementation
- Ability to influence others to desired outcome
- Comprehensive knowledge of organizational change management methodologies and principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise, business and functional strategies and goals
- Ability to solve, successfully and independently, complex tasks through own decision making
- Other required skills include but are not limited to: team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Strong aptitude to connect with business processes and quickly learn business operations in order to support and interact with corporate-level project stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level of integrity with significant attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Provide leadership and oversight on various Indirect enterprise business application projects of a varying complex nature
- Provide the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of assigned programs
- Monitor, update, and report on Indirect project performance/status in accordance with associated CPPM processes and framework
- As the lead of the Finance Digital Transformation team for Indirect programs, the candidate will serve as the lead in preparing Internal Request for Proposal (IRFP) for Indirect projects and may act as Proposal Manager for the same.
- Regularly communicate to management regarding status of project deliverables
- Actively and continuously identify, monitor, control, and communicate project risks and opportunities
- Assemble project plans, track key project milestones, and communicate status to stakeholders and management
- Identify the staffing/resource needs for assigned and on-the-horizon projects to ensure adequate staffing for successful project completion
- Primary representative with the sponsor/stakeholders on their assigned programs
- Responsible to maintain close contact with the sponsor/stakeholder organization to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure a continuous line of communication is kept open with the appropriate sponsor/stakeholder representatives to maintain a high level of program status awareness, provide timely recognition and resolution of problems, identify follow-on business opportunities, and prevent surprises
- Support the development and execution of the Sierra Space's CFO and Corporate annual plan within assigned area of responsibility, as requested
- Lead the development and execution of the Finance Digital Transformation strategic and Annual Plan, as requested
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $180,679.95 - $248,434.93
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.