The Key Equipment Finance (KEF) Capital Market team guides the transactions that shape the economy and provide essential capital to a wide range of clients. The professionals on the team add value by providing innovative financing solutions and access to the Capital Markets for commercial, public sector, and specialty finance clients. Over the prior 3 years, the team has raised over $4B of new capital for KeyBank clients across established and developing segments. As KEF continues to grow in markets away from traditional commercial equipment finance, significant opportunities exist for new fee generation.
The team is hiring an experienced Director, Key Equipment Finance Capital Markets to lead syndication activity for Large Corporate, Energy, and Specialty Finance transactions. The position will report to Managing Director, Lease Syndications. The individual will support the growth of existing and new businesses. This individual will be heavily involved with deal sourcing, structuring, and syndication execution. Specific coverage will be determined based on candidates experience and expertise.
The Director, Key Equipment Finance Capital Markets will be responsible for all facets of the origination and syndication process including:
- Interacting with multiple Relationship Managers to manage pipeline and opportunities;
- Pitching KEF’s syndication capabilities and securing client mandates;
- Preparation of mandate letters and term sheets;
- Coordination of offering materials, closing process and required documentation;
- Acting as the primary investor and client interface to ensure efficient and prompt execution
This position has tremendous opportunity for growth as Key has grown syndication activity in specialty markets significantly over the prior 3 years. The role would consist of significant direct client and investor relationship management and an annual budget for fee production.
- Serve as a client-facing syndication coverage officer for existing and new KEF clients in the Corporate, Energy and Specialty Finance sectors.
- Have a deep knowledge base of the capital markets, and be able to identify trends and unique origination and structuring ideas
- Responsible to establish and maintain key investor relationships which will enable you to help the team deliver on fee targets
- Drive growth across assigned segments to deliver on annual fee budget
- Development of new investors and sources of capital across banks, insurance companies and specialty finance companies
- Represent Capital Market’s perspective in credit Capital Allocation/Deal Pitch Meetings
- Provide back up support for other specialty verticals including Government, Technology, and General Equipment transactions
- Orchestrate internal resources to meet client needs and manage the process of executing transactions
- Fully engage all functional teams in the deal process
- Gain insight on successes and challenges through client and partner feedback
- Engage internal partners in deal debrief to discover opportunities to improve
- Network inside and outside of our company to broaden business knowledge base and increase personal effectiveness
- Involvement in industry related associations; maintain an established network within the financial community
- Coach and mentor junior Analysts and Associates, while providing guidance on their daily responsibilities (e.g. managing the executions deals, presentations for meetings, and maintaining Debt Domain database).
- Establish deep understanding of Key’s capabilities across various products and geographies
- Execute strategy within corporate guidelines and policies
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 8 years Capital Markets or related experience
- Team player, goal oriented, driven and self-motivated
- Existing investor relationships across the target sectors
- Experience in structuring and executing on complex transactions
- History of performance in a fee generating capacity
- Experience leading the deal process from initial pitch to closing
- Strong credit skills; analytical expertise; writing proficiency; strong client service/interpersonal skills; strong communication skills, computer competency; negotiation and persuasion capabilities; ability to work without extensive supervision.
- MBA, CFA or other relevant advanced education
- Capital markets leadership responsibility
- Experience “making markets” for new asset classes
- Knowledge of the term Securitization Market and understanding of ABS/CLO structuring mechanics
- Understanding of Energy Syndication Market, specifically the sale leaseback structure
- Historical involvement in Lender Finance or Asset Securitization
This position is eligible to earn a base salary in the range of $120,000 to $165,000 annually depending on job-related factors such as level of experience. Compensation for this role also includes eligibility for short-term incentive compensation and deferred incentive compensation subject to individual and company performance. Please click here for a list of benefits for which this position is eligible.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.