UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Client Development and Account Management will focus on client trend management, strategic client plan development & execution, and cultivating client relationships. This position's primary responsibility is proactively addressing client ancillary product needs, expanding existing client/member utilization, supporting client development, architecting product solutions, and partnering closely with the sales team to execute sales strategies that will drive profitable revenue expansion.
This position will work collaboratively across the internal client/segment organization and externally with managed care organizations, commercial/employers, and public sector, labor, & trust groups to achieve revenue and profit goals of specific ancillary products. It will also include working with consultants, brokers, employers, health plans, as well as working in partnership with adjacent ancillary segments.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the pursuit and generation of sales opportunities on new or existing clients working in coordination with business partners, referral relationships, industry events, and renewal activity
- Develop sales plans and execute strategies to produce sales resulting in profitable utilization for each segment, region, and health plan/client
- Become the business Subject Matter Expert in the member segments/clients supported
- Develop a deep understanding of the plan portfolio (Medicare Advantage, Dual Special Needs, MedSupp, Part D, Medicaid, Commercial) and applicable rules and regulations that apply to specific ancillary benefit/product sales
- Partner with the sales team to grow business, including preparation and presentation in finalist presentations and supporting new clients from sales through implementation
- Partner with key business stakeholders to drive the development and execution of strategic client plans that addresses client’s business needs (current and emerging), supports growth, provides measurable value, and increases client engagement and loyalty that ultimately drives sales and utilization
- Manage client contract renewal activities with the primary goals of retaining client, obtaining multiple year agreements, and maintaining or improving profitability
- Maintain a complete understanding of client contract terms including the reporting of performance guarantees and managing service improvements
- Prioritize and conduct regular client meetings (virtual and onsite) as appropriate, to proactively review performance, client benefits and evolving product needs
- Lead business presence and client influencing efforts at industry and client tradeshow events that sustain existing business and grow new client/payer base
- Collaborate with product teams, professional support functions, and adjacent business segments in the development, sale, and enhancement of current products, services and client offerings
- Lead an account management team using solid leadership, prioritization, and organizational skills to maximize team effectiveness; provide team direction and feedback on performance, metrics, and business goals.
- Provide regular feedback and portfolio reviews to business leadership team regarding client metrics, client requirements and business development opportunities
- Maintain current knowledge of each product, service, and contracting mechanism to effectively communicate value propositions to the marketplace
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Sales, Account Management, Operations, Business Development, or a Product role in a large complex organization(s)
- Proven written communication, verbal, and personal presentation and storytelling skills with the ability to persuasively present and represent company’s business capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify, engage, and influence key stakeholders
- Business analysis experience with demonstrated ability to gather undefined or unclear requirements utilizing strong probing skills
- Proven analytical skills and advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Travel as needed to support business needs (estimated at 20%)
- Ability to obtain a sales insurance producer license, as required by state law, if necessary support the business
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 1+ years of leading a team of direct reports
- Masters or advanced degree (e.g. MBA, MHA)
- Salesforce user and reporting experience
- Experience leading a team or influencing a team of account managers or sales professionals
- Medicare product, sales, or operations experience
- Healthcare industry experience, including ancillary benefits such as Dental, Vision, or Hearing
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director of Client Development and Account Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote