Due to recent growth our client is searching for a Director of Construction Management who is responsible to support the operation. The Director of Construction Management oversees not only day-to-day operations, but also the financial well-being of the various projects under their supervision. They oversee hiring project managers, writing contracts, and helping design construction plans. They will serve in a hands-on role in nearly every aspect of construction management; not only are they responsible for hiring and supervising the project management team, but they are also in charge of creating and managing budgets.
The Director plans, directs, or coordinates, (usually through subordinate supervisory personnel in both internal and field operations) activities concerned with the planning, scheduling, construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and control labor cost.
- Ensure that work is efficiently planned, scheduled, or coordinated for all roofing project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Develop standards to inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with company operation standards and safety regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods are being used.
- Develop standards for investigating damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with customers, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Apply for and obtain all necessary permits or licenses to conduct work.
- Analyze forecasting data to improve business decisions.
- Determine operational compliance with regulations or standards.
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
- Develop sustainable organizational policies or practices.
- Implement organizational process or policy changes.
- Manage full cycle of all construction activities.
- Project management software (GANTT)
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Calendar and scheduling software (Outlook)
- Graphics or photo imaging software
- Presentation software (Power Point)
- Accounting software (Quick Books)
- Spreadsheet software (Excel)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.