The Director of Information Technology oversees all aspects of IT and computer systems within the company. This position is responsible for developing IT policy and strategy, implementing infrastructure, and leveraging technology to help the company achieve organizational goals and objectives. This position has direct reports and is responsible for establishing work schedules and conducting regular employee and departmental meetings as well as conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Oversee all technology operations and supervise systems and IT staff
- Work with other technology staff to coordinate and implement cohesive technology solutions
- Develop strategy as it relates to the organization's IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, business applications, security, communication systems, etc.)
- Work with customer facing departments and clients to facilitate project needs / requirements. Production focused at times with ability to be agile and responsive to the various external demands.
- Oversee protection of all business information assets through various security measures
- Devise and manage policies/procedures and facilitate any compliance needs (laws/regulations) as it relates to technology
- Develop, manage, and track the IT department's annual budget and purchasing initiatives
- Interface with stakeholders across the organization to identify business and technology strategies, execute on business goals, and to optimize the use of information technology
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to IT staff
- Occasional travel to select events/meetings throughout the year.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Sufficient relevant and proven experience related to above responsibilities (e.g. IT operations, supervising teams, overseeing projects, developing strategies, etc.)
- Sound expert level understanding of computer systems, networks, security, communications, and business applications as demonstrated in prior operational and management capacity
- Expert level experience in Microsoft enterprise infrastructure, Office 365, and other cloud environments
- Advanced level experience with NetSuite; implementation and support
- Technical problem solving and analytical skills and proven general business acumen
- Project management skills (documentation, diagramming, presentations, organization)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in working with IT staff, business users, senior executives, and customers
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Must be comfortable working at strategic and tactical levels across multiple disciplines in the technology realm.
- Ability to easily communicate with all levels of employee
- Exceptionally detailed & organized
- An open, out-of-the-box thinker when solving complex issues
- Passionate about keeping up with new technologies; always learning
- Ability to have fun and laugh
- Strong desire to be part of a team, no “lone-wolf” mentality
- Willing to “roll-up-your-sleeves” and do whatever is necessary to get the job done!