Do you want to be part of a team that is working to change patients' lives and making real impact to their families? Our clients mission is to accelerate the development of innovative discoveries into life-changing biological products and expand global access to medicines to patients in need. We believe that information technology is a key enabler to making our mission a reality.
Experis IT is looking for a Director of IT to help lead our client's team supporting their Manufacturing and Facilities Engineering groups. This role will be critical in ensuring that they are driving their IT modernization strategy and keeping significant software programs on track, specifically implementation of MES as well as key upgrades of facilities management software. The team works across all organizational departments to provide services and technology that drive feature innovation and solutions for their customers, and ultimately patients.
The Director of IT Manufacturing and Facilities and Engineering will be instrumental in ensuring that their team and facility meet the organizational business objectives for process development, manufacturing and quality in a GxP environment. This role will have responsibility for staffing the team necessary to meet this goal. You will work as part of the overall enterprise IT Leadership Team and will work alongside Infrastructure, Architecture, Product Development, Lab Systems, Operations, Quality & Compliance and Security teams to execute strategy, design and implement modernization practices and solutions. This is a hands-on role and will require execution of responsibilities at many different levels.
- Provide leadership oversight for implementation and roll out of IT applications supporting manufacturing and facilities engineering across the enterprise.
- Manage team who will be administering GMP software as per regulatory requirements (21 CFR Part 11 and cGMP)
- Lead on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of IT issues for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions
- Aligning functional IT roadmap with Enterprise IT and Business roadmap
- Bring in the outside-in perspective, share industry trends and best practices from Pharma industries or similar with business stakeholders (i.e., Agile development and cloud)
- Work with users to define user requirements, functional requirements and technical specifications and obtain business sign-off of requirements
- Review and analyze system requests to determine complexity and provide resource/cost estimatesTranslate high level business ideas into user requirements / stories to facilitate updates to the business applications
- Work with business users to review proposed design solutions and determine if solution meets business needs
- Effectively manage IT spend against the budget for each financial year
- Effective Governance incorporating best practices and leveraging Agile methodologies
- Effectively communicate (both verbal & written) with Senior ManagementEffectively manage multi-cultural teams in a global set-up
- Stakeholder & Vendor Management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the technology field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership or management role in an IT setting
- Minimum of 5 years in a pharma regulated (FDA) environment
- Significant experience in all phases of the deployment and support lifecycle
- Solid working knowledge of current security protocols and threats
- Experience and understanding of relevant manufacturing and facilities engineering technologies
- Experience with MES (MODA preferred), maintenance management (Blue Mountain preferred) and building management systems (Rees preferred)
- Excellent project management history
- Exceptional communication, and interpersonal skills to maintain strong relationships with our clients
- Preferred experience with supply chain management and MRP systems
- Preferred experience with using Agile methodologies in a regulated environment
- Preferred experience with using public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Preferred working knowledge or experience with DevOps.