Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Grow your career with an exciting opportunity with Optum, where you will be a part of creating software solutions that help to change lives - millions of lives. As a DevOps Engineer at Optum, you will have the opportunity to be a member of a focused team dedicated to helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. Here, you'll partner with some of the smartest people you've ever worked with to design solutions to meet a wide range of health consumer needs.
As part of our elite team your job is to show integrity and compassion, and a deep curiosity for solving the hardest problems in our industry. You will provide technical expertise as an engineer on an agile development team in the design and delivery of a next generation healthcare data and analytics platform. You are expected to be an accomplished software engineer able to write, understand, and test complex code. You will bring deep experience in data intensive and/or distributed systems to design creative solutions and collaborate with your team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts and software engineers to deliver against an agile roadmap
- Work with architects and other software engineers to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements and deliver creative, scalable quality solutions
- Lead Design, develop, test and maintain data intensive applications including Java, Azure or AWS, relational and non-relational data storage, APIs
- Follow and improve on processes for continuous delivery and DevOps within your team
- Build and main configuration management and automation tools, deployment strategies/processes, monitoring tools.
- Experienced in Software Engineering practices like Reliability Engineering, Deployment planning, Fault Tolerant architecture, Test Automation
- Experience in Data as a Service and Container as a Service models
- Experience in incident ticket tracking tools and processes like ServiceNow
- Collaborate on quality strategies that ensure our data platform is correct, resilient, scalable and secure
- Support applications throughout the SDLC from design to Production Deployment
- Participate in and provide input for system analysis, design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Participate in defect review and triage
- Adhere to design/coding standards and constantly improve the way we build and deliver software
- Act as Technology SME and mentor for junior resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of designing and implementing Java, Spring Boot based applications
- 6+ years of Relational and NO SQL databases
- 5+ years of experience in Agile Delivery and leading Development teams in scrum setting (5-10 resources)
- 4+ years in Dev Ops Automation tools (Oozie, Python etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in Azure or AWS
- 2+ years of hands on experience creating UI applications with React or AngularJS
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Programming and OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework
- Working knowledge of RESTFul APIs
- Working experience in CI/D and GIT
- Experience in leading and working with DevOps teams in an Agile Delivery/Distributed teams model (15-20 headcount)
- Experience in HealthCare industry standards like HL7, FHIR or SMART
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience in translating HL7 Implementation Guides into application design
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote