Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Director, Technology Process Improvement will be responsible for process improvement activities across WellMed IT. New processes will be designed, developed, and deployed across the technology organization. Existing processes & procedures will be evaluated to determine improvement opportunities. Education & training of all technology personnel is imperative for proper adoption of the new/changed processes. Establishing process measurement, metrics, and maturity assessments will be included in this function. This position will also collaborate and coordinate process alignment across the technology and business touchpoints.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manages the process improvement team, which will consist of process designers, agile practitioners, training & change management, and process/tool support team members
- Develops and evaluates employees’ performance
- Mentors, trains and supervises employees for growth and development
- Establishes and ensures performance goals are clear, identifies professional commitments, and manages career progression and advancement opportunities
- Recruits/hires new team members in addition to other HR and administrative duties
- Leverages Common Language of Leadership
- Ensures a consistent and strategic approach to the technology processes across the entire technology department
- Defines a common process framework in which to document and design processes. This includes process design, roles, input/output artifacts, templates, and examples
- Understands and has experience with industry frameworks and methodologies
- Defines and tailor’s industry methodologies to the needs of WellMed IT
- Leverages best practices and ongoing learning to improve processes
- Frameworks include, but are not limited to: ITSM, SDLC, Prosci, CMMI, etc.
- Ensures the process is maintained, changes are prioritized, and managed through appropriate change management approach
- Maintains a process improvement backlog and works across IT leadership to prioritize PI efforts
- Aligns processes to customer requirements and organizational goals
- Analyzes process performance utilizing data and performance metrics, and objectively examines processes and policies
- Applies data-driven knowledge and best practices from one situation to the next, as appropriate
- Provides leadership insight into process metrics and efficiencies and communicates this across IT leadership
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- 10+ years of experience in technology delivery and/or technology operations
- 10+ years of staff management experience and direct HR responsibilities for technical staff
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in process improvement within technology organizations
- Proven ability to successfully conceptualize an initiative, prioritize, plan and drive the execution of process improvement initiatives
- Served in roles in system development lifecycles such as waterfall, iterative, and agile
- Working knowledge & experience of ITSM operations frameworks and processes
- Ability to use multiple process design approaches (swimlanes, IDEFO, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Working knowledge with change management frameworks (Prosci)
- Working knowledge with process maturity frameworks (CMMI, ITSM, etc.)
- Experience in mobilizing teams and maintaining motivation to accomplish goals under stringent timelines
- Ability to review and interpret data to make recommendations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Out-of-town travel up to 25 - 50% as deemed necessary by business need
- Certified in ITSM, Procsi, CMMI
- Healthcare IT experience
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult effectively with all levels of executive management
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Technology Process Improvement, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Dallas, TX, Texas, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Denver, CO, Colorado, change management, agile transformation, process improvement, ITSM, ITIL