Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to Sales Manager and is located in Denver, Colorado. As a District Sales Manager, Mountain, you will be responsible for managing the mountain district sales team responsible for distributor, contractor, OEM and Industrial customers. District Sales Manager (DSM) to drive strategy to achieve volume growth (balanced selling), price quality / margin, cost, and customer satisfaction objectives, through excellent external and internal customer relations and an increasing market share in the geographical area of responsibility. Direct the formulation of specific sales strategies and methodologies for each assigned Account that increases ABB’s penetration across the business units and divisions represented. Develop a C&I / Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) segment sales coverage strategy that leverages the full portfolio in the most cost-effective manner. Foster and direct the implementation of aggressive geographical and account specific actions that align with our behavioral objectives and sales strategies within the local sales organization.
Provide consistent disciplined local execution of the national distribution strategy and programs meeting local coverage targets across ABB’s Business Units (BU) and customer needs. The district manager directs the implementation of aggressive measures to achieve sales of products, systems, and services in the assigned District. He/she also ensures individual Business Unit (BU) sales targets are met or exceeded and that net margin maximizes profits within the District. This individual oversees district planning by National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) territory and product categories to ensure that strategies are aligned with corporate growth objectives.
- Assess performance with annual performance reviews for all District personnel.
- Creates development plan for all employees in District including technical and professional training.
- Manages balanced sales scorecard. Track performances for all BU’s and make sure each one is living up to the expectations of the District. Focused share growth by BU and customer segment.
- Coaching of sales resources to make wiser decisions, plan better and effectively allocate their resources based on customer needs and potential for growth.
- Monthly review of local performance of all Distributors and Rep companies.
- Quarterly plan review with Top 10 district tier 1 distributors.
- Provide consistent disciplined interpretation and enforcement of ABB distributor policy.
- Approve Annual Distributor and Rep performance assessment utilizing standard templates.
- Escalation point and final say on direct or sale channel commercial decisions.
- District manager will be responsible for top local accounts relationship & results.
- Develop stronger top named account relationships within territory to drive penetration strategy and provide a customer management relationship.
- Implementation of all Named Account Plans jointly developed with Named Account Managers and review & document activity on monthly basis.
- Responsible to coordinate with all ABB sales organizations within the District territory on Distribution plans, cross Divisional account pursuits assigning capture team leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing or business administration or technical field / advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience.
- Sales experience of a $50M + business.
- Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- Senior Account Management experience.
- Understanding and experience with full portfolio of products and services (including power distribution one-line and installation products).
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.