- 5-7 years network engineering
- DOCSIS or ePON
- OSPF, ISIS, BGP
- Plans and implements enterprise networks and related hardware and software.
- Designs and documents network architecture.
- Performs assessments on existing technologies to determine performance and capacity gaps.
- Establishes security, connectivity, and access parameters.
- Provides recommendations to optimize network infrastructure.
- Tests and tunes security devices and systems.
- Programs routers and switches.
- Implements communications technologies (data or voice).
- Manages network services from planning phase through implementation.
- Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure is required.
- Additional Skillsets being sought
- Advanced knowledge of the DOCSIS and EPON standards
- Working knowledge of CMTS platforms including:
- Casa C100G
- Arris E6000
- Cisco cBR8
- Working knowledge of switch platforms including:
- Cisco NCS or ASR
- Juniper QFX or ACX
- Working knowledge of routing protocols including:
- v4 or v6 Multicast
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Ability to write and follow detailed technical test plans