The Select Groups top telecommunications clients is seeking a DOCSIS Engineer to bring on their team in Greenwood Village, CO. This position requires a good understanding of DOCSIS, PacketCable (NCS/IMS) and cable modem provisioning. The engineer will be involved in Test Execution, documentation of Test Reports and troubleshooting field escalations.
DOCSIS ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of hands-on networking engineering experience, including testing hardware
- Understanding of DOCSIS- exp working on CMTS (cable modem termination system)
- Background working in the cable industry- familiarity with RF technologies
- Experience testing CPE (cable, modem, other hardware devices)
- Experience with test plans, defect tracking systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
DOCSIS ENGINEER NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Understanding of TR069
- Understanding of voice technology. PacketCable (NCS/IMS)
- CPE (customer premise equipment) testing
- with IP routing, IP multicast, streaming video, wireless, Voice over IP (VoIP), and/or home networking is desired.
- Experience with automation, databases, scripting, and system administration is a plus
DOCSIS ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with engineering team to review firmware requirements and provide feedbacK
- Participate in weekly bug classification and prioritization
- Establish test network environments as documented in test plans
- Perform system-wide end-to-end integration and regression testing
- Document results and review with designated teams or vendors as needed.
About The Select Group:
We are TSG - a fast-growing technical services firm serving the U.S. and Canada. We open doors to diversified prospective employers who respect and value your ambitions, your pursuit of a meaningful career, and your particular skill-set. We offer interview guidance, an impressive referral program, and partner with you to find work that drives you. Learn more about us in our company overview video, or visit us at http://www.selectgroup.com. Sign up to receive weekly job alerts in your inbox by joining the TSG Talent Network.
We have the privilege of impacting lives, so let us impact yours.
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.