Please note, this position is located at Steamboat Resort in Steamboat Springs, CO.
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A.® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing an outstanding experience for our staff and guests alike. Working at Steamboat Resort can be the most rewarding seasonal experience or become a lifelong career. You will also be a part of Steamboat’s future as we move full steam ahead with the resort’s largest transformation and redevelopment in history. Find out more about this exciting project at www.steamboat.com/fullsteamahead. Fair warning: Starting a job at Steamboat will lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Year Round employees at Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision, legal plan, pet insurance, Vacation and Sick Time, Paid Parental Leave, health saving account with employer contribution as well as the perks and benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These include a IKON Base Pass ski pass for you and Alterra Mountain Company pass for eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Steamboat is opening a state of the art, year-round Child Care Center. If it's been your dream to work with children with the most incredible mountain backdrop to call home, then apply today. This position will start October 31st and continue Year Round. Our Early Childhood Teachers are responsible for the education, supervision, and the care of the children of our SSRC employees. Teachers follow all state rules and regulations to provide a safe, educational, and fun environment for children to grow and learn. Come experience all that Steamboat has to offer while enjoying an incredibly rewarding career.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Provide a safe, healthy, and secure environment with an emphasis on children’s social-emotional, physical, and cognitive needs
- Perform daily child care duties as assigned including feeding, diapers/potty, and naps
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements
- Register in the PDIS and complete all required trainings including 15 hours of continuing education/year. Provide documentation to Director.
- Prepare and maintain classroom materials and interest-centers
- Plan daily lessons, monthly themes, and a classroom monthly calendar
- Teach large group lessons, small group lessons, and provide individualized instruction
- Be prepared to engage children in outdoor activities for long periods of time, sometimes in inclement weather
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings
- Supervise, mentor, and direct assistant teachers and subs/floaters
- Work with the Director, early learning specialists, and families to create and implement behavior plans for children with challenging behavior
- Work cooperatively on a team with other teaching professionals
- Provide positive guidance and redirection
- Maintain professional communication with parents and other staff
- Maintain confidentiality
- Support children and families with potty training if applicable
- Maintain all necessary records including attendance records and food program forms
- Work with a teaching team to write monthly newsletters
- Complete observations and assessments 3 times a year using TS Gold
- Use assessments to prepare, plan, and lead parent-teacher conferences in the fall and spring
- Help plan and lead family nights including back-to-school night
- Send home sick children
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
- Knowledge of child development and willingness to stay up to date with current best practices
- Must meet the qualifications for an Early Childhood Teacher
- Must demonstrate an interest in young children and a concern for their proper care and well-being.
- Flexibility to care for children of all ages birth-5 years
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor under stressful situations.
- Skills and ability to inspire and lead children through a large variety of indoor and outdoor activities
- Willingness to engage children in outdoor activities for long periods of time, sometimes in inclement weather
- Ability to maintain professional communication with parents, supervisors, co-teachers, and assistants
- Ability to work cooperatively with a teaching team to create a safe and cognitively stimulating environment
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with children, co-teachers, directors, and parents.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, talking, and sitting on the floor
- Experience in environmental education or nature-based preschools preferred
- Routine sanitizing and disinfesting of toys and surfaces
- Ability to adhere to all health and safety policies and program policies and procedures.
- Ability to adhere to all legal requirements
- Must interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski and Resort Company’s Service Excellence standards.
An early childhood teacher, assigned responsibility for a single group of children and working under the supervision of a director and must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a major area of study in:
- Early Childhood Education;
- Elementary Education;
- Special Education;
- Family and Child Development; or
- Child Psychology
- A current Colorado Level II credential; or,
- Two (2) three-semester hour early childhood education college courses with one course being either introduction to early childhood education or guidance strategies
* All college course grades toward early childhood teacher qualifications must be “C” or better. All experience must be verified and consist of the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age who are not related to the individual.
- Ability to lift, carry, and position children up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, talking, and sitting on the floor
- Must successfully complete background & fingerprint check
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbal / non-verbal, and written
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Working with young children and sanitary/health issues associated.
- Working outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather
- Must be able to register in the PDIS and complete a minimum of 15 clock hours of continuing education each year
- Office, indoor child care facility, and outdoor activity locations
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay range: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer